Manny wants a trade again....to the ChiSOx

wilmot825

Reports out of Bean-town is that Manny wants out again...Surprised....Unconfirmed teams are; Cleveland, LA Angles, and The Chicago White Sox. Kenny Williams is a smart man, we know that. He will be wise and not trade for this cancer,not hearted, idiot from Boston. ONCE AGAIN NOT CONFIRMED...READ IT ONLINE, DON"T KNOW HOW MUCH TRUTH IS THERE

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd fill the DH question mark if Frank doesn't get and stay healthy, but I wouldn't want this guy on my team. On the days he wants to play, he's unbeatable but on the days he doesn't he just mails it in. His lack of a work ethic wouldn't jell with Ozzie or the rest of the team.

:P I am always tempted by this :P

I would get orgasms thinking about Manny hitting 60 HR at the Cell :P

Kidding aside, Ozzie could shape up Manny IMHO (Latino factor). We did take chances on AJP and Carl and see how that turned out. If Paulie leaves, and we decide to re-sign Frank, if we can trade for Manny ONLY for prospects and maybe Marte, I would book hotel reservations for the 2nd World Series appearance right now

Of course, I would make Bo SOx eat at least half of his remaining ridiculous contract too.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
:P I am always tempted by this  :P

I would get orgasms thinking about Manny hitting 60 HR at the Cell  :P

Kidding aside, Ozzie could shape up Manny IMHO (Latino factor). We did take chances on AJP and Carl and see how that turned out. If Paulie leaves, and we decide to re-sign Frank, if we can trade for Manny ONLY for prospects and maybe Marte, I would book hotel reservations for the 2nd World Series appearance right now

Of course, I would make Bo SOx eat at least half of his remaining ridiculous contract too.

At a combined 5.5 million for this year did we take those risks. Manny gets 58 over the next three

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
We do NOT need Manny Ramirez.  He is a phenominal hitter, but hes lazy, complains too much, and is bad for the clubhouse

Was he bad for Boston's clubhouse in 2004?

Or, did he just get bad for the clubhouse in 2005? I mean, his 156 OPS+ probably disrupted the team chemistry that those 'good' guys like Kevin Millar were trying to create, right?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
At a combined 5.5 million for this year did we take those risks. Manny gets 58 over the next three

I said we should make BO SOX eat half the contract....that makes it 3 years, 30 M....where do I sign?

Given the production we would get not to mention the butts it would park at USCF for the next 3 years, again, where do I sign?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)

Or, did he just get bad for the clubhouse in 2005?  I mean, his 156 OPS+ probably disrupted the team chemistry that those 'good' guys like Kevin Millar were trying to create, right?

Thanks CWSGuy....our ball park would make Manny a 50+ HR guy every single year. No doubt in my mind. We replace Paulie and not miss a beat en route to 2nd World Series. Manny in RF, Dye at 1B, Frank at DH, ANderson as bench OF. If Frank runs into injuries again, put Manny as DH and Anderson at RF. Simple....

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)

Or, did he just get bad for the clubhouse in 2005?  I mean, his 156 OPS+ probably disrupted the team chemistry that those 'good' guys like Kevin Millar were trying to create, right?

Exactly. In the world of sports, you have to take risks like we did with AJ and Everett. Manny's production far outweighs the risk IMHO. I would get him in a hearbeat. Of course, I'm not eating that whole salary.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Exactly. In the world of sports, you have to take risks like we did with AJ and Everett. Manny's production far outweighs the risk IMHO. I would get him in a hearbeat. Of course, I'm not eating that whole salary.

I am with you 100%....if we get Manny at 3 years 30M to 40 M, we would be crazy not to do it, provided we do not give up any one from our current team and we are only giving up prospects (I would not mind giving up Anderson too)

I love people can say with certainty that he was bad for the clubhoues. Excuse me, were you in the clubhouse? Did you see how his teammates acted around him in the clubhouse? Were you a reporter who saw what he did in the clubhouse?

Please answer all these questions, and when the answers to all of them are "No," I suggest you stop talking ASAP.

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Pass.

This team was a team because egos were in the background at best. 

Can anyone say with any certainty that Mr. Ramirez would park his as well?

Carl Everett b****ed about where he was batting in the lineup about two weeks prior to the end of the season. The Sox were able to overcome that, weren't they? I'd take Manny on this team in a HEARTBEAT!

Carl Everett was b****ing about getting dropped to #5 at the start of the playoffs and b****ing about not playing at Houston.

Come to think of it, other than dinosaurs, are Manny and Carl that different (personality wise, clearly Manny is a way better hitter).