Sox Acquire Javier Vazquez

joeynach

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tadahito Iguchi @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
ok, I wasn'y completely sure if my info matched the other threads but I guess it does, Thanks, So what do you guys make of this deal? I'm not liking it to much I think Chris Young is going to be a hell of a player..........And I think Vasquez will get lit up at the cell..............BTW does he have any playoff experience?

Ya, with the Yanks (or did he not pitch when the Yanks were in the playoffs?)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
I think this deal is a clear sign that Garland is going to get dealt.  B Mac is READY to start, simple as that, and Garland would be gone after this year for nothing.  Say we trade Duque and Young for Vasquez, then trade Garland.  That leaves us with Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Vasquez, B Mac as the rotation next year.  Not bad at all.  Plus we might we something awfully sweet in a deal where we give up Garland, even if he's a rental pitcher (quality pitching ain't easy to find!)

Just trust Kenny guys, he's not dumb.

Garland might be dealt. I don't think so though. I think Kenny will just ride him out for the year and then let him or Contreras go at season's end, depending on who does the worse this upcoming year.

Plus guys....even if this deal has nothing attached as a domino to it.....we are giving up the old and creeky El Duque for a 29 year old with a great arm that IMO with Coop could be awfully good....a prospect (a good one, but yeah so was Jeremy Reed, we know how Kenny feels about them) and maybe a relief pitcher. I like the deal by itself to be honest with you.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:30 AM)
So what the hell are we doing next now that we have 6 starters?  Any ideas?

Buehrle

Garcia

Contreras

Garland

Vazquez

McCarthy

Who knows? Probably trade Garland for a legitamate OFer or put McCarthy in the pen. Although i know for a fact he is ready to start. I guess KW likes the fact of having insurance in a 6th starter, so look for BMac to be in our bullpen/ spot starter when needed.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Ya, with the Yanks (or did he not pitch when the Yanks were in the playoffs?)

He pitched out of the bullpen for the Yankees. Kevin Brown started the game and got bombed against Boston. Then they brought in Javier Vazquez and several other guys who got bombed in that game. Coop will fix him.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Garland might be dealt. I don't think so though. I think Kenny will just ride him out for the year and then let him or Contreras go at season's end, depending on who does the worse this upcoming year.

I hope your right and keep Garland to be honest. I just get the feeling that he is going to get dealt, especially assuming this happens and we get Vasquez. The way Kenny talks about the pitching market, I think there is just about no chance we sign Garland after next year, and Kenny is a shrewd guy and knows he can get a lot for Jon if he trades him this offseason (a proven OF?).

Plus, the Buehrle/Count/Garcia/Vasquez/B Mac rotation is still one of the better ones in baseball. Just my opinion and speculation though, I've been plenty wrong before.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

D-Backs, White Sox near Vazquez deal

Righty appears headed to Sox for Hernandez, Young

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...e2005&fext=.jsp

PHOENIX -- It appears the Diamondbacks and White Sox are close to a deal that would send Javier Vazquez to Chicago in exchange for pitcher Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez and highly regarded outfielder Chris Young.

The two teams are expected to announce the deal on Wednesday.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
I hope your right and keep Garland to be honest.  I just get the feeling that he is going to get dealt, especially assuming this happens and we get Vasquez.  The way Kenny talks about the pitching market, I think there is just about no chance we sign Garland after next year, and Kenny is a shrewd guy and knows he can get a lot for Jon if he trades him this offseason.

Plus, the Buehrle/Count/Garcia/Vasquez/B Mac rotation is still one of the better ones in baseball.  Just my opinion and speculation though, I've been plenty wrong before.

As our current rotation stands, we have the best in the league. I strongly believe that.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
As our current rotation stands, we have the best in the league. I strongly believe that.

Oh I agree, and IMO it gets better with a Vasquez for Duque swap. It's just, we are 6 deep....and as nice as that is, we can trade Garland for a proven 3rd outfielder (even move Pods to CF to put a corner guy in left) rather than lose him after this season, and STILL have ONE OF the best in the game. Sounds pretty enticing if you as me.