Chris Rongey is new Pre/Post Game Host.

Harry&JimmyRocked

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
I like the choice. I thought Chris did a good job when he did the SCORE Sports Wrap Up show. Welcome aboard Rongey :cheers

I listened to that wrap up show on the way home from work pretty frequently. In my opinion, he came off as a smart ass and less than enthusiastic about the Sox. I hope I'm wrong, but he is my 2nd least favorite on the score behind only Mike North. I'd much rather have Lawrence Holmes.

*Chris Rongey, a sports update anchor at WSCR-AM (1000), has been named host for White Sox pre-game and post-game shows on the CBS Radio sports/talk station. The Sox switch to the Score this season.

He was named the new Pre and Post game host for Sox games on the score 670 -(Feder had it as WSCR 1000- which we all know is incorrect)

Thoughts?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
He's employed by espn 1000 not the sox so with the switch he's a goner.  To bad too, cause I really liked Bryan.  To be honest, I've never even heard of this guy.

Isn't it somewhat dissapointing that with the switch in stations and on the heals of winning a WS, the whole Score radio production of the Sox is being staffed with second rate talent?

I wish ESPN still had the radio rights.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
He's employed by espn 1000 not the sox so with the switch he's a goner.  To bad too, cause I really liked Bryan.  To be honest, I've never even heard of this guy.

Oh yeah, i forgot the sox are going to 670 next year. I haven't heard of the guy either.

Several weekends last year Rongey would host a late-night segment called "Garbage Hour," or something to that effect. I don't mind him. He has a smart-ass personality to him, similar to Boers and Bernstein. What I look forward to is Rongey providing a fair assessment of the team. Don't jump ship following every loss, but be willing to criticize the team if necessary. Wills--and to a lesser extent, Dolget, practically revolutionized sports radio excuses.

Aside from Murph, I don't mind the Score personalities. Jesse Rogers may be annoying on his own, but I find his recent shows with Lou Cannelis to be surprisingly informative.