Battle of Champions

rcpweiner

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise, Chiba’s Matt Franco is better than any Sox hitter not named Paul Konerko.

That quote right there raises the red flags for me. I remember Matt Franco being nothing but a utility man in the MLB, now he is better than anyone on the Sox not named Konerko. Bull s***.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
That quote right there raises the red flags for me.  I remember Matt Franco being nothing but a utility man in the MLB, now he is better than anyone on the Sox not named Konerko.  Bull s***.

The "otherwise" means if they had not used the statistics translation which they performed.

valentine is full of crap, and so is everyone that thinks this could be a decent game. if you take the best japanese players of the mlb and put them on a team, they'd get smoked by every team in baseball from last year not called the royals or rockies, and i don't think that would be close. and these are supposed to be some of the best.

QUOTE(frahungski @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
valentine is full of crap, and so is everyone that thinks this could be a decent game.  if you take the best japanese players of the mlb and put them on a team, they'd get smoked by every team in baseball from last year not called the royals or rockies, and i don't think that would be close.  and these are supposed to be some of the best.

Hmm, lets see, we take all of Japans best players and they are pretty good in the MLB. Whats makes them think their teams can match up? We would destroy this minor league team.

Japan has had exactly 3 players that I can think of that did/could have made a major impact in the MLB: Ichiro, Matsui, and Sadaharu Oh. Outside of that they aren't that impressive. All you have to do is look at the stats for all of the washed up scrubs or MLB journeyman that go over there and dominate. I can't remember who, but some MLB reject broke/would have broken their homerun record if they would have pitched to him.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
Players from Japan are better at the fundamentals and could probably beat a team like the Yankees who aren't very fundamentally sound.  If you guys really think the Sox would into Japan and crush them you are high.  You aren't giving Japan enough credit.

Wow everything you post :bang

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 08:23 AM)
I am not saying Matt Franco is better than any Sox hitter except Konerko however you aren't giving Japan the credit they deserve.

They are a AAAA team thats all the credit they deserve.... they would maybe be on par with KC and im hesitant saying that.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
They are a AAAA team thats all the credit they deserve.... they would maybe be on par with KC and im hesitant saying that.

read the Meaning of Ichiro. You will realize what I am saying. The Yankees did lose to one of the Japan teams in 2004 and one of the other Japan teams beat the All Stars in 2004.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 08:34 AM)
read the Meaning of Ichiro.  You will realize what I am saying.  The Yankees did lose to one of the Japan teams in 2004 and one of the other Japan teams beat the All Stars in 2004.

Ok they loss one game in a meaningless game... if something was actually on the line they would of dominated them.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
read the Meaning of Ichiro.  You will realize what I am saying.  The Yankees did lose to one of the Japan teams in 2004 and one of the other Japan teams beat the All Stars in 2004.

Dude, you are crazy. Even the biggest japan baseball fans/ followers of the sport i know realize they would have no chance in a series. If they played one game series... winner takes all, you may have a point. That is why you see upsets in five game series much more than seven. The less games in a series the bigger and better advantage the weaker team has.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)
Japan is much better thats why they send their medicore players here and we send our best players there.

I rue the day that Japanese baseball began to steal our beloved American players.

Wow.

You go all out in your direct sarcasm.

Qwerty has taught you well young Padawan.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
uh oh

Things looked bad in this one.

More baseball prospectus bulls***.

All of a sudden our best pitcher of the 2nd half. A guy who shut down juggernaut Boston offenses gets rocked by this team. And Benny Agbayani goes 3 for 5. GMAFB.

Whatever crappy logic they are using to simulate this outside of Bill James Xbox, they need to return it or recode it.