Am I alone?

drowninginflame

I need baseball again, I am a bears fan but it is in no way shape or form near the love of baseball.

I can't wait till pitchers and catchers report already.

BUT thankfully winter seems to be flying by with that whole winning the world series thing.

anyone else feel my pain?

That's cool you guys are missing baseball so much.

I'm OK with the layoff. We played so deep into the season and winning it all I'm determined to enjoy it until we have to start again.

I'm enjoying the Bears run.

I'm not convinced we (Bears) can't win at home this week and be in the frickin

NFC championship game.

It would be amazing if the Bears could at least make it that far.

I'm glad Kenny made some significant changes to the team. I don't think we could have even won the division staying pat.

Some change is good.

January-February always sucks. I'm not an NBA/NHL guy, college hoops is not really something I follow closely until the conference tournies at the earliest, and the NFL is something that I kind of use as an afterthought.

The day pitchers and catchers report is awesome though.

Yeah I hate the offseason as well even though it is real warm here (right now at 1:06 AM it is 65 outside) and we have hit record highs in 5 of the 9 days this year reaching 82 on New Years but I drive past the Met and the grass is nice and green and it seems like we should be playing ball yet the season doesn't start for another 3 months and it is very frusterating

like greasy said, this has been the easiest winter maybe ever.

For one, the sox played an extra month of baseball, shortening the gap.

2. We can still bask in the glory of a perfect season, watch the dvd's, etc.

3. Alot of our favorite other teams are having good seasons, bears, colts, illini, hoosiers, hawks, ooops. :P

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
This is why you have to take 7-10 days off smack in the middle of winter and go somewhere warm and forget about everything.  If you don't break up the winter, it seems eternal.

Imagine if the Bears weren't in the playoffs!

I dont have to imagine that. All I have to do is remember the last 12 years.

I'm not a big fan of winter myself. Back in the day it was cool when the Blackhawks were actually 'good' and the Bulls had there dynasty going. But lets face it- its a baseball town, a white sox town and once again a championship town! The thing I cant wait for the most is seeing how our new players fit in: Jim Thome, Javier Vazquez, and Rob Mackowiack. And seeing how B. Anderson plays as an everyday CFer. It will also be interesting who wins that final spot in our bullpen, not to mention how BMac does in the pen. It will also be interesting to see how Borchard does off the bench this year. To qoute a corny hip hop band: "Lets get it started"

But until then, let the Bears beat the crap out of Carolina!

February is the worst sports month for me. If it were 30-31 days, I probably would have killed myself a few years ago.

Gotta agree with you here.. After the Super bowl, I am boucning off the walls trying to find something to watch.. This year might be Hockey.. Though, the Hawks do suck..so who knows, might actually have the best month of schooling!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 08:04 AM)
In a weird sort of way, I am almost dreading the start of the season.  After the perfection that was 2005, I don't want that afterglow to go away.  I like the dreamstate of being the World Champs.

I'm with on this but only to a certain extent. I am enjoying this off season basking in the glory of being a Sox fan. Yet, I do look forward to hearing "Your World Champion Chicago White Sox take the field!"

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
I'm with on this but only to a certain extent.  I am enjoying this off season basking in the glory of being a Sox fan.  Yet, I do look forward to hearing "Your World Champion Chicago White Sox take the field!"

I'm looking forward to waiving my WS flag at the cell and watching all those Twins, Indians and Cub fans have to TAKE IT.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
I'm with on this but only to a certain extent.  I am enjoying this off season basking in the glory of being a Sox fan.  Yet, I do look forward to hearing "Your World Champion Chicago White Sox take the field!"

Enjoying the basking...looking forward to seeing Thome bomb right field...and looking forward to seeing the championship flag un-furled! White Sox, White Sox, Go Go White Sox!