STFU Howry

Gene Honda Civic

This guy is the quickly becoming the biggest tool in baseball.

http://www.post-trib.com/cgi-bin/pto-story...z1_spor_03.html

"We have four number one starters in the rotation,” he said, referring to Mark Prior, Carlos Zambrano, Greg Maddux and Kerry Wood. “I don’t think another team can say that.” Apparently Howry hasn’t been paying attention. Wood’s arm problems keep him in limbo. Maddux is a 40-year-old relic.

Howry took it one step farther, suggesting the Cubs own the best rotation in baseball if healthy. Better than the White Sox?

“They don’t have four No. 1s,” he said. “They had great years last year, but they were career years. They don’t match up with us.”

“I’m not bagging on them (Sox),” he said. “They had a great year, but it’s one year. You have to look at the big picture. Last year they were better, but the difference is consistent numbers.”

Mark Prior has spent more time on the DL than the entire Sox rotation, COMBINED.

Bobby will get his chance to celebrate in October. That's when the Cubs get their award of an early vacation for winning the attendance championship.

Yeah he wishes he was still with us. MB had his normal type of year, Garcia had a very good year, and did a little more than expectations, JC finally lived up to his expectations, and Garland was really the only one that had a "Career year" ok I guess you could call BMac's a career year also, since it was his first and only year.

I really don't care what this guy thinks. If the Cubs really have that good of a rotation then why haven't they won a World Series in the past 97-98 years? It might have taken us 88, but we still got it done. Kerry Wood and Mark Prior had some big years, but still haven't done anything. Greg Maddux is old and doesn't have many years left. So if this guy wants to say our pitchers just had a career year, well then atleast we got it done and we're in line to get it done next year too!

Edited by JimJab

wat a douche bag....typical cub player.....talking out of his ass, and how many World Series rings do the Cubs have the last 90 yrs? ZERO, Ok Howry shut ur pie hole and win something. Maddux older than dirt, Zambrano he's ok, Prior potential, Wood OVERRATED!!! Sorry I forgot Rusch, well who is he anyways...

Edited by wilmot825

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
I like the fact that every Sox starting pitcher last year started atleast as many, if not more, games than Kerry Wood has in the past 2 seasons combined.

I also liked Maddux's 4.24 ERA last year.

And 4 of our pitchers equaled or better Kerry Wood's career high in wins.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
he plays for the cubs do you expect him to say "ya our crosstown rival who all our fans hate has a better rotation than us , we suck." he just wants to make a good impression on his new team

Well saying things like this and acting like a dumbass will endear him to his retarted fan base, so good point.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
he plays for the cubs do you expect him to say "ya our crosstown rival who all our fans hate has a better rotation than us , we suck." he just wants to make a good impression on his new team

How about I expect him to talk about the Cubs when he attends the Cubs convention, and not take potshots at the crosstown team who just so happened to take his team out of the playoffs last year. He has been talking s*** since he was traded, now he is back in town. He got paid, he can stop acting like a b****.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
LOL, Maddux hasn't been a #1 starter since 2002 with the Braves and how is Wood a #1 starter when he never pitches?

Maddux was never a #1 in the playoffs and he isn't even a #1 in the regular season. Hell, if him and El Duque were healthy, I'd take El Duque over him every single day. Maddux(as of now) = overrated.

Funny thing is that his theory applies more to himself then it does to us.

“They had a great year, but it’s one year. You have to look at the big picture. Last year they were better, but the difference is consistent numbers.”

There's something twisted about Bobby Howry giving lectures on consistency.

Maddux was never a #1 in the playoffs and he isn't even a #1 in the regular season. Hell, if him and El Duque were healthy, I'd take El Duque over him every single day. Maddux(as of now) = overrated.

I meant statistically in the regular season. I'd take Maddux over El Duque for the regular season. Maddux at least stays healthy and pitches decently. El Duque is clutch in the playoffs though.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)

How about he talks about his team only and not insult the World f***ing Champions in the other league? :angry: