Red Sox preparing to make offer to Roger Clemens

SSH2005

The Red Sox are preparing to make a serious offer to one Roger Clemens, according to the Boston Herald.

Sources told the paper that the Sox’ pitch will include a slick video presentation that features a number of Red Sox fans imploring the Rocket to finish his career where it began. Boston is viewed as the least likely of four possible destinations for Clemens, the others being Houston, Texas and New York with the Yankees.

Source:  Boston Herald

Sounds pretty pathetic to me.

"Please Rocket, PUHLEEZEEE!!! Schilling's arm is going to fall off any day now, Beckett gets more blisters than a chronic masturbator, and Clement is a coward. We need you!!!"

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
Wheres RNW?  "Roger Clemens is the best pitcher in the entire league, now"

LOL

The slick video presentation was also the best ever, with only the finest Bostonians (Ben Affleck and Stephen King) begging for his services.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
Sounds pretty pathetic to me.

"Please Rocket, PUHLEEZEEE!!!  Schilling's arm is going to fall off any day now, Beckett gets more blisters than a chronic masturbator, and Clement is a coward.  We need you!!!"

Do non-chronic masturbators get blisters as well? Or is it just hairy palms?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
I hope he signs with Boston, would just prove what we knew all along, his "I want to go back to Texas to play and be with my kids" s*** was just that, a bunch of s***.  What a loser, I can't wait to b**** slap him when we see him pitching for whatever team he ends up with.

Don't forget the Astros also wasted a draft pick on his son in an effort to please him.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
these jokes are funny because every single time they are made i don't have the same opinion of the lame ass joke that is being made.

good try though, your a real dave chapelle.

You're.

But thanks though, I think im funny too.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)
I hope he signs with Boston, would just prove what we knew all along, his "I want to go back to Texas to play and be with my kids" s*** was just that, a bunch of s***.  What a loser, I can't wait to b**** slap him when we see him pitching for whatever team he ends up with.

Well, at least for the first year, he signed for a ton less than he could have earned. Last year though...well...he likey the green.

these jokes are funny because every single time they are made i don't have the same opinion of the lame ass joke that is being made.

good try though, your a real dave chapelle.

explain how its pathetic.  i want an explanation because your bias hatred towards the red sox is far worse than my bias love.

Not everything is about you. I never once mentioned you in this thread. Not sure why you feel the need to ask me stupid questions in a thread about the Red Sox begging for Roger Clemens. Once again, this is a White Sox board, not a Red Sox board.

I think that fans begging for the return of an aging pitcher IN A PLANNED VIDEO is pathetic. Sorry that you disagree.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
You're.

But thanks though, I think im funny too.

:lol:

i find it hard to believe that your older than i am which you've claimed ever since you arrived here. your maturity is similar to SSH as of late, a prepubescent little boy, so its hard to differentiate.

i apologize for forgetting the letter 'e' by the way.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Not everything is about you.  I never once mentioned you in this thread.  Not sure why you feel the need to ask me stupid questions in a thread about the Red Sox begging for Roger Clemens.  Once again, this is a White Sox board, not a Red Sox board.

I think that fans begging for the return of an aging pitcher IN A PLANNED VIDEO is pathetic.  Sorry that you disagree.

rockraines did mention me but the two posts are not related as you seem to think.

again though, answer the question i asked. why is it pathetic? not that i disagree or agree for that matter, im just curious as to why its pathetic.

:lol:

i find it hard to believe that your older than i am which you've claimed ever since you arrived here.  your maturity is similar to SSH as of late, a prepubescent little boy, so its hard to differentiate.

i apologize for forgetting the letter 'e' by the way.

If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore instead of ruining a thread with completely unrelated comments like the one above that are simply intended to bash posters. Your lame insults just end up ruining threads. I never once mentioned you in this thread so I'm not sure why you feel the need to bash me.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore instead of ruining a thread with completely unrelated comments like the one above that are simply intended to bash posters.  Your lame insults just end up ruining threads.  I never once mentioned you in this thread so I'm not sure why you feel the need to bash me.

you made a comment. i've asked repeatedly for a reason for the comment and have gotten nothing.

that insult from me was as blind as the one you made earlier about this being a 'white sox board.' just answer this question, enough of the bs.