Proposed Batting Order

pale_hose

Let's here what everyone's ideal batting order would be and why...here's mine: if you disagree, thats cool...go sox!

1) Podsednik: of course our best baserunner and a guy w/.351 obp is hitting 1st

2) Iguchi: will start the season #2, but will move down to 6 or 7 to get more RBI chances

3) Thome: powerful lefty and according to Dusty Baker, who is a complete idiot, you have to go left, right, left in the order

4) Konerko: a great place for our captain

5) Dye: very clinch. posted a lot of k's and low walks, but this year he will be more patient like he was during the playoffs

6) Pierzynski: this guy just rocks

7) Uribe: starts low in the order, but will switch with Iguchi later in the season

8) Crede: could hit either 8 or 9 to get the lineup around. also seems to be fairly clinch

9) Anderson: not expected to do much, but will put up Rowand-like numbers from last year. will meet and probably pass expectations. could switch with Crede or Uribe in the order.

Another one of the great repeater posts. How many times is the lineup going to be posted(in a new and original post) by the time ST games start? I am guessing about at least 3 times per day

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Another one of the great repeater posts.  How many times is the lineup going to be posted(in a new and original post) by the time ST games start?  I am guessing about at least 3 times per day

Hmmmm.....I haven't seen it as a POLL yet.......

:D

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
As of now the lineup is:

Pods, Uribe, Thome, Konerko, Dye, Gooch, AJ, Crede, Anderson

They will see how Uribe does in the 2 hole during ST. If he struggles in that role, expect to see Gooch right back there. Other than that everything else is set in stone.

Assuming Anderson is in the lineup...he's supposedly hitting 8th.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 10:11 AM)
So Crede will be hitting 9th? That doesnt make sense to me. Anderson is faster, you would have a quick 9,1,2 in the lineup. Hmmm interesting... :huh

Anderson is also the Rookie, with the least amount of experience. With Crede hitting behind him, it at least gives him a bit of protection, which could make the shift to the big leagues easier. (btw, that's not my opinion, the article was posted here a few weeks ago saying it would be Anderson then Crede 8-9.)

We know Brian Anderson was a stud in Triple A. We know he hit 16 or 17 dongs and had 56 rbi's. But can he play? Is the kid for real? Last year in the bigs Anerson was up for 13 games where he had 34 AB's. He hit .176 and had a OBP of .176. He had 2 homers and 3 rbi's. Granted, he is going to be hitting in the 9 spot, and Rowand didn't have his best year at the plate last year, but is he as good at Rowand? Especially in the field? He played 5 games in center last year and had a fielding % of 1.000...That's pretty good, but he only had 7 total chances. In 157 games played in centerfield, A-Row had a fielding % of .992. 3 Errors ALL of last season. All I've heard of Brian Anderson has been good things. Hopefully they are true. He can field, but is he as good at Rowand in the field? He's young, which I like, but he lacks experience and he shows it at the plate. No, we didn't bring him up for his stick and yes he will be batting in the 9 spot where he just has to get the order around, but can he replace Rowand? Plus, Rowand loved it here in Chicago and the fans love him. It was hard to see him go, so I'm a little skeptical about Brian Anderson. What do you think? Tell me what you know and how you feel about Anderson. I like him, but I dont know if he'll fill the shoes of Rowand....

If one of our few ?'s is our 8th or 9th place hitter, i say were in goodshape. KW is extremley high on this guy. And by now we should have ALL learned to trust Kenny's instincts as a general manager. My prediction is: Anderson will start off the season slow, but he'll eventually get used to playing everday. He'll hit between .250-.260, hit aound 15 HRs, 15 SBs, and around 50-60 RBIs. Not bad for a rookie.

QUOTE(pale_hose @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Let's here what everyone's ideal batting order would be and why...here's mine:  if you disagree, thats cool...go sox!

1) Podsednik: of course our best baserunner and a guy w/.351 obp is hitting 1st

2) Iguchi: will start the season #2, but will move down to 6 or 7 to get more RBI chances

3) Thome: powerful lefty and according to Dusty Baker, who is a complete idiot, you have to go left, right, left in the order

4) Konerko: a great place for our captain

5) Dye: very clinch.  posted a lot of k's and low walks, but this year he will be more patient like he was during the playoffs

6) Pierzynski: this guy just rocks

7) Uribe: starts low in the order, but will switch with Iguchi later in the season

8) Crede: could hit either 8 or 9 to get the lineup around.  also seems to be fairly clinch

9) Anderson: not expected to do much, but will put up Rowand-like numbers from last year.  will meet and probably pass expectations.  could switch with Crede or Uribe in the order.

You've got it wrong :P

Uribe will start the year second, not Iguchi, and Iguchi will move back up to #2 if Uribe struggles mightely batting second. Even if Uribe didn't bat second, he sure as hell wouldn't bat 7th. It has also been said that Crede will bat 9th if Anderson wins the job, and Anderson would then bat 8th.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
We know Brian Anderson was a stud in Triple A. We know he hit 16 or 17 dongs and had 56 rbi's. But can he play? Is the kid for real? Last year in the bigs Anerson was up for 13 games where he had 34 AB's. He hit .176 and had a OBP of .176. He had 2 homers and 3 rbi's. Granted, he is going to be hitting in the 9 spot, and Rowand didn't have his best year at the plate last year, but is he as good at Rowand? Especially in the field? He played 5 games in center last year and had a fielding % of 1.000...That's pretty good, but he only had 7 total chances. In 157 games played in centerfield, A-Row had a fielding % of .992. 3 Errors ALL of last season. All I've heard of Brian Anderson has been good things. Hopefully they are true. He can field, but is he as good at Rowand in the field? He's young, which I like, but he lacks experience and he shows it at the plate. No, we didn't bring him up for his stick and yes he will be batting in the 9 spot where he just has to get the order around, but can he replace Rowand? Plus, Rowand loved it here in Chicago and the fans love him. It was hard to see him go, so I'm a little skeptical about Brian Anderson. What do you think? Tell me what you know and how you feel about Anderson. I like him, but I dont know if he'll fill the shoes of Rowand....

winner :P

Well, based on sabremetrics... this should be our lineup (based on 2005 OPS)- batters projected to be starters...

1B Paul Konerko (.909)

RF Jermaine Dye (.846)

2b Iguchi (.780)

3B Crede (.756)

C Pierzynski (.728)

DH Thome (.712)

SS Uribe (.712)

LF Podsednik (.700)

CF Anderson (.559)

There you go, absolutely no point to this post... much like this entire pointless thread!

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
As of now the lineup is:

Pods, Uribe, Thome, Konerko, Dye, Gooch, AJ, Crede, Anderson

They will see how Uribe does in the 2 hole during ST. If he struggles in that role, expect to see Gooch right back there. Other than that everything else is set in stone.

Perfect lineup. And I don't think Anderson bats 8th for whoever thinks that. I don't see a reason why he would.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Perfect lineup. And I don't think Anderson bats 8th for whoever thinks that. I don't see a reason why he would.

Supposedly so Crede could protect him. I am not agreeing with that. I am just stating as to what has been said as to why he would.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
1. Scott Podsednik, LF

2. Juan Uribe, SS

3. Jim Thome, DH

4. Paul Konerko, 1B

5. Tadahito Iguchi, 2B

6. Jermaine Dye, RF

7. A.J. Pierzynski, C

8. Joe Crede, 3B

9. Brian Anderson, CF

I would say

5 Dye

6 AJP

7 Iguchi

And you got a winner.

The L-R-L scheme is a little overrated, but I personally am a fan of it. Doing so will put the other manager to a tougher decision of whether to use a LH reliever for just 1 lefty, or for multiple lefties. In using a RHP out of the pen, he then has to worry about the lefty whenever he comes up, thus having a good balance of lefties and righties in the lineup is a nice thing to have.

Therefore, I like AJP splitting up our right handed bats in the middle of the order and creating a nice change of pace hitter, if you will.

I like Iguchi hitting 7th because he is a pretty good hitter period, and his average from last year really doesn't do him justice. Hitting behind Podsednik did a damper on his average and OBP, what with the sac bunts and hitting behind the runner to get him over, along with cutting down on his swing a lot more than he would like to. Given that he can swing a bit more freely now, along with a year under his belt having seen MLB pitching, I think he's in line for a big year.

And Dye is a straight up good 5 hitter...solid hitter for average, good slugging, and an increased homer production due to the wind out to LF.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
I would say

5 Dye

6 AJP

7 Iguchi

And you got a winner.

The L-R-L scheme is a little overrated, but I personally am a fan of it.  Doing so will put the other manager to a tougher decision of whether to use a LH reliever for just 1 lefty, or for multiple lefties.  In using a RHP out of the pen, he then has to worry about the lefty whenever he comes up, thus having a good balance of lefties and righties in the lineup is a nice thing to have. 

Therefore, I like AJP splitting up our right handed bats in the middle of the order and creating a nice change of pace hitter, if you will. 

I like Iguchi hitting 7th because he is a pretty good hitter period, and his average from last year really doesn't do him justice.  Hitting behind Podsednik did a damper on his average and OBP, what with the sac bunts and hitting behind the runner to get him over, along with cutting down on his swing a lot more than he would like to.  Given that he can swing a bit more freely now, along with a year under his belt having seen MLB pitching, I think he's in line for a big year.

And Dye is a straight up good 5 hitter...solid hitter for average, good slugging, and an increased homer production due to the wind out to LF.

I agree that the L/R/L thing is pretty much overrated. It sounds better than what it actually does to an ooposing team. These guys are in the bigs and it doesn't really affect them, mostly the pitchers, much, if at all...