2 Million tickets already sold

KevHead0881

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Show me a link to it.

Common sense.

They have to for insurance purposes. They know at all times how many people are in that facility. Employees in the offices have to scan in and out and vendors have to enter turnstyles.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Show me a link to it.

It isn't reported for publicity reason, would be my guess. There is a legal limit, a max capacity, and the facility has to be able to prove they don't have too many inside the park. That is why there are turnstiles with counters. Why else would they count people going in and out?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 19, 2006 -> 08:50 AM)
It isn't reported for publicity reason, would be my guess. There is a legal limit, a max capacity, and the facility has to be able to prove they don't have too many inside the park. That is why there are turnstiles with counters. Why else would they count people going in and out?

I don't believe the turnstiles have counters anymore. Those hand held things are probably more accurate. I'm sure they keep track of the attendance actual and tickets sold or accounted for, but remember this you aren't going to ever have more people than total of tickets either comped or sold. I don't believe the fire marshall is ever going to have a problem with the amount of people at USCF. As far as vendors and White Sox employees having to "swipe" in, that's pretty routine practice today. I would venture to guess that's more for security reasons than worrying about going over capacity.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 19, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
I don't believe the turnstiles have counters anymore. Those hand held things are probably more accurate.  I'm sure they keep track of the attendance actual and tickets sold or accounted for, but remember this you aren't going to ever have more people than total of tickets either comped or sold. I don't believe the fire marshall is ever going to have a problem with the amount of people at USCF. As far as vendors and White Sox employees having to "swipe" in, that's pretty routine practice today. I would venture to guess that's more for security reasons than worrying about going over capacity.

Nope, at least when I last worked there, even with the PDA's, the turnstiles still had counters. And when there was someone in a wheel chair, they would go around and we'd still have to turn the counter for them. The PDA's are just to make sure there isn't a duplicate ticket that's inside the building and to stop counterfeit tickets.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 19, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
I don't believe the turnstiles have counters anymore. Those hand held things are probably more accurate.  I'm sure they keep track of the attendance actual and tickets sold or accounted for, but remember this you aren't going to ever have more people than total of tickets either comped or sold. I don't believe the fire marshall is ever going to have a problem with the amount of people at USCF. As far as vendors and White Sox employees having to "swipe" in, that's pretty routine practice today. I would venture to guess that's more for security reasons than worrying about going over capacity.

They still count. And yes you can have more people then tickets sold or comp'd. Children under turnstyle height don't need a ticket.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)
And if they are under turnstile height, they aren't going to get counted by the turnstile or anything else.

Yes they do. Everytime we take our nieces and nephews they walk us around with the stroller and they turn the wheel for each one of us.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
If you're into that kinda thing... :ph34r:

Wow this thread has really gone to carp. No wonder I've decided to join in

:lol: :lol:

Hey, I had my daughter on my lap at games for a couple years, I can carry the little fella....as long as he's buyin' the beers.... :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
If you're into that kinda thing... :ph34r:

Wow this thread has really gone to carp. No wonder I've decided to join in

I didn't know we had bottom feeder night at the old ballpark

tn_Liams_Fish%2026lb.9oz.jpgWhere's Heads? I'll bet he's caught a few carp . . .

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Heck with that - I'm hoping the entire season is sold out before opening day!!!!! :gosox1:

Would be awesome to outdraw that team in Blue on the Northside.

no! I want to go to a game or 2 or 8 or 16