When Frank comes back to Chicago..

whitesoxin'

Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?

• Boo
    • Standing Ovation
    • Neither

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give Frank a standing ovation if I'm there. I'm the 9th person to vote and the 9th person to vote for a standing ovation. It's not like he's mad at the fans, I think he'll be excited when the fans stand for him, and it should be expected to, he had many, many great years here, it's the least any of us can give back.

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
I'd support him still, but if he keeps talking and trying to get pity, I might just rather do nothing.

I'm cool if people say nothing, but it'll take a lot for someone to actually justify booing the man.

It's good to see the results of the poll thus far though. At least people can seperate the two sides.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
I'm cool if people say nothing, but it'll take a lot for someone to actually justify booing the man. 

Yea, thats basically how I feel about it. Unless he takes a gun and shoots the current White Sox, I won't boo him.

I wouldn't be doing anything. Im really 16, havent seen his glory years. He hasnt brought a championship to the team really, and hes been mouthing off about my team / hes an opponent. Tho i do recognize hes the best player in team history apparently, so I would not be doing anything. I wouldnt boo cause that woud be class-less, I wouldn't give him a standing o, because of what he has done.

Right now i am the only vote for Boo him and I will be there on his first game back. The way i figure it is that now is the time to boo him and show him how frustrating a person he is despite what he did on the field. When (and if) he comes back to get his number retired that is when i will be there to cheer and give him a standing O.

Also he is playing for the f***ing A's. We always get whooped by the A's. I will never root for anyone on the A's no matter who they are. So if I dont boo (1 person out of 40,000 wont do much) I will sit there saying nothing.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
I said neither.  Frank was never "The White Sox" like he was to some of you. I was at the game against the Halos this year, I believe his first game back, and game him a standing O like everyone else, but there was a difference. He was a White Sox. Now I have said in the past that I will stand up and cheer for Willie, Blum, Carl, ect when they come back, and but they also contributed to a World Series winner. Frank did not.

I will not boo, but I will also not get off my seat to cheer. I will however let out a big "Hell ya!" when Mark K's his ass. :)

Frank Helped us get to the Playoffs. Without his clutch Hr's , Blum and Willie may have not had a chance to even play in the playoffs.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
Frank Helped us get to the Playoffs. Without his clutch Hr's , Blum and Willie may have not had a chance to even play in the playoffs.

And let's not forget the fact we averaged almost one run more per game when Frank was in the lineup compared to when he wasn't in the lineup. Frank won us atleast 3 game (or was it 4?) with clutch homeruns. Turned out those games were really important considering we almost lost all of a 15 game lead in September.