Sox @ Diamondbacks 2:05pm

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
The "prospects" did well today.  Valido and Fields were pretty much the offense.  The pitching was good outside of Randolph and Tracey.  Jose was really sharp.  Will get em tomorrow.

thats whats important

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
I can't quite recall, someone help me.

How many pre-season games did the Colts win this season?

You can still assess this team, Spring Training or not. Such as our lefty relievers competiting for a roster position. I don't need a 'large sample size' to conclude they're rather mediocre.

No one I've read has openly said "We're THE SUCK." It's simple--no one wants to witness their club losing six straight games with average losses seemingly totaling 7 runs per game. I don't care, personally, because it's not as if any of our regular pitchers are giving up 4 spots. Or hitters possessing more than 20 AB's.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
Since when did the record matter in Spring Training? 

Some of you guys need to check yourselves.  If you guys are this bad already, I can't wait to see how f***ed up PHT is during the season.

Who? I'm not sitting here panicking. The team has just played some really bad baseball so far. I'll be more worried if they're playing the same way 3 weeks from now.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
Since when did the record matter in Spring Training? 

Some of you guys need to check yourselves.  If you guys are this bad already, I can't wait to see how f***ed up PHT is during the season.

Who's complaining about the record? I've read perhaps one person specifically mention it.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
I could care less about the record.  Our pitching (the guys who will actually make the roster) looks good.  I just want to see more hits by our starting position players.

Agreed. I could care less if their record is less than impressive. Today they got themselves back into the game, and it was some of the prospects that did it. Thus far their play hasn't blown any doors off, but again, its the progression into the season that concerns me. Jenks and Jose were very good today, and thats the important part. Now the mainstays need to get their bats rolling and we'll be good to go.

It's hard to tell when there's still people complaining during a competitive game. I undertstand there can be some to complain about in a game like yesterday, but seriously you've got to draw the line. It's SPRING TRAINING. For the starters, a lot of this is going through the motions and getting ready to go come April; that's why I don't understand complaining too much about them.

Maybe some of you need to be reminded, but Spring Training is really only for the people trying to get that final roster spot. Judge them all you want. I could care less if we lose all 30 something ST games. That's not what it's about.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
It's hard to tell when there's still people complaining during a competitive game.  I undertstand there can be some to complain about in a game like yesterday, but seriously you've got to draw the line.  It's SPRING TRAINING.  For the starters, a lot of this is going through the motions and getting ready to go come April; that's why I don't understand complaining too much about them. 

Maybe some of you need to be reminded, but Spring Training is really only for the people trying to get that final roster spot.  Judge them all you want.  I could care less if we lose all 30 something ST games.  That's not what it's about.

My problem with the starters to this point is the lack of patience at the plate. I know it's just spring. I'm not stressing out over it. But there were atleast 3 innings where a Dbacks pitcher threw 5 pitches or less to get 3 outs. That's happened way too much so far. As I said, I'm not stressing over it. I just hope things change as we go along.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
It's hard to tell when there's still people complaining during a competitive game.  I undertstand there can be some to complain about in a game like yesterday, but seriously you've got to draw the line.  It's SPRING TRAINING.  For the starters, a lot of this is going through the motions and getting ready to go come April; that's why I don't understand complaining too much about them. 

Maybe some of you need to be reminded, but Spring Training is really only for the people trying to get that final roster spot.  Judge them all you want.  I could care less if we lose all 30 something ST games.  That's not what it's about.

Amen. I guarentee that the only people worried about how the regulars are hitting are the people on message boards. Paulie was laughing about it the other day. Sure they'd like to be hitting .600, but they don't care. THey are working on parts of their swing, starting to try and get timing down.

I am more than impressed with Fields' stroke.  He really looks impressive on offense.

Trade Crede! ;)

I agree. It's nice to see/hear this kid hitting. It would be sweet if he has a monster year with Charlotte. A good season from Fields opens up a lot of possibilities regarding 3rd base/trade-bait.

I know this might sound bad, but I'm actually happy some of these crappy pitchers we brought in are doing bad. I don't think any of them should be on the roster of a World Series contender. Thus, maybe their poor performances will help persuade KW to make a move for a reliever.

I know this might sound bad, but I'm actually happy some of these crappy pitchers we brought in are doing bad.  I don't think any of them should be on the roster of a World Series contender.  Thus, maybe their poor performances will help persuade KW to make a move for a reliever.

I'd like to see Arnie Munoz and Javier Lopez continue to pitch well. Those are the only two lefties I like. When's Urbina getting out of jail, dammit? :P