Atlanta Regional

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty messed up bracket. There are a lot of fairly tough teams. Duke could be in some trouble. Even their second round game will be tough, at least assuming that Mensah Bansu is back (maybe the reason for the drop?). They probably have to go through 2 pretty tough teams (GW, LSU) to get to the Elite 8. GW/Duke could be a really exciting game because both can score a lot, and despite the hype Duke has a habit of allowing an awful lot of points as of late.

It seems to me that there are two injury issues that can have a big effect on this bracket.

The first is the health of Tyrus Thomas. It seems like they simply chose to rest him and that he should be fine. However, he could be a little rusty.

The bigger one to me is Nana Mensah-Bonsu. My theory is that the committee penalized them a few spots because of his uncertain health status. If he doesn't play, they'll almost certainly go down to Duke. However, if he can play, GW can definitely give them a tough game, and in my opinion might beat them.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
Iowa got jacked.  This is a strong ass portion.  West Virginia, a quick Northwestern State Team; Saluki's are under-rated.

Of course NC State on the other part as a 10 is a joke.  They are better than that.  Texas is in my mind the best #2 out there (sorry I'd much rather be playing OSU than Texas).

Iowa's really going to have to step up, they got a tough ass draw.

No kidding, the midwest always gets disrespected. This Iowa team is the best I've seen in a long time and I'd love to see them make it to the Sweet 16 and then some, but it's going to be so hard to do that.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
So I caught Jay Bilas making his picks for this bracket on ESPN this mornin...interestingly, he didn't have a single upset in the entire bracket.  Everything followed the numbers exactly.

:banghead

He's not very ambitious but if he picks the Final Game right then he'll have a very good bracket. Obviously there will be upsets but chances are the bracket will go more accordingly towards the favorites than the upsets.

I'm liking the path of my SIU Salukis. An 11 was a shock for me, but Bracketology had them at a 8/9 for the last two weeks...I didn't want a #1 in the 2nd round.

On the game....If SIU keep WVU at 65 pts then SIU should win. SIU will win the rebounding war, just by how many is the questions. Hopefull its a lot b/c that means WVU is missing on the 3s. The Dawgs will step out and defend against Pittsnogle and hopefully he'll go back home crying along side his child that the networks so love to put on the screen.

Go SIU! Go Salukis!

WVU----- :bringit

QUOTE(Darth Saluki @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
I'm liking the path of my SIU Salukis. An 11 was a shock for me, but Bracketology had them at a 8/9 for the last two weeks...I didn't want a #1 in the 2nd round.

On the game....If SIU keep WVU at 65 pts then SIU should win. SIU will win the rebounding war, just by how many is the questions. Hopefull its a lot b/c that means WVU is missing on the 3s. The Dawgs will step out and defend against Pittsnogle and hopefully he'll go back home crying along side his child that the networks so love to put on the screen.

Go SIU! Go Salukis!

WVU----- :bringit

Not another Saluki fan.

Welcome to the board.

Typing in green means sarcasm by the way.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
I sure hope so.  I know Heads is praying to any god that will listen for Iowa to come crashing down.  We are strong defensively, so if we can get going and play well in a neutral area (we should have been almost at home in Minny) than we should be alright.

Iowa State beat Northwestern State by 1 and Iowa by 12, meaning that Northwestern State will win by 11.

NW St. isn't going to be intimidated, I know that much. A win a Gallagher Iba against any OSU team is solid.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
Iowa State beat Northwestern State by 1 and Iowa by 12, meaning that Northwestern State will win by 11.

NW St. isn't going to be intimidated, I know that much. A win a Gallagher Iba against any OSU team is solid.

lol if only that were the case. But I do think the Iowa/Northwestern St. game will be closer than what people think.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Oh My God! I thought SIU played tomorrow and I was gonna miss it cuz of work. Just realized they play Friday, YES!!!

Well, if they win on Friday I am most likely going to have to miss the game on sunday to go back to school. :angry:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
Well, if they win on Friday I am most likely going to have to miss the game on sunday to go back to school. :angry:

Then you better hook your car up with a souped up antenna so you can listen to ESPN radio. I used to be able to tune 1000 AM all the way to the Tuscola factory outlet exit with my 85 Blazer(which had the crappiest AM reception in history), and after that you can mess with the dial and tune it in until you get around Mount Vernon, where you can tune in magic 95.1 and get Mike Reis for the rest of the game.