White Sox vs. Diamondbacks, 3/28/06, 2:05 pm

Balta1701

So, since I don't see one yet...here's today's game thread...in yet another attempt to get my first ever thread win.

Javier Vazquez on the mound. Jenks scheduled for 2 innings today according to Coop.

Pitching coach Don Cooper intends to work his relievers in back-to-back games during the final week of Spring Training. Closer Bobby Jenks is scheduled to pitch two innings on Tuesday, have Wednesday off, and then throw on both Thursday and Friday. ... Both Guillen and Pierzynski commented on Matt Thornton's impressive effort during his last outing. Guillen said the hard-throwing left-hander has the stuff to simply throw it by hitters, even if the pitch is straight down the middle of the zone.

Pods supposedly was still going to play today despite the tweak yesterday, hope he'll come out in good shape & is still in the lineup.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
I guess Podsednik's groin isn't feeling too great today.  Yesterday, the Sox said that he could play today.

If It's raining/had rain in the area, I wouldn't risk it if I were them. Hopefully the weather will be the only reason.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
If It's raining/had rain in the area, I wouldn't risk it if I were them.  Hopefully the weather will be the only reason.

Yep. It's been raining all day out there. It's good news though. AZ needs the rain bigtime.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Yep. It's been raining all day out there. It's good news though. AZ needs the rain bigtime.

I haven't had squat for rain today NW Valley. Tomorrow will probably be a washout though.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
I haven't had squat for rain today NW Valley.  Tomorrow will probably be a washout though.

Man that sucks. I know you guys need it. Looked like it was covering mainly just the south AZ this morning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Does anyone know the rotation match-ups for the first series vs Cleveland?

Burly/Sabathia

Garcia/Lee

Contreras/Byrd

I'm about 80% sure of that. I read that's what they were planning last week. Cleveland that is. I know that's our matchups.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Burly/Sabathia

Garcia/Lee

Contreras/Byrd

I'm about 80% sure of that. I read that's what they were planning last week. Cleveland that is. I know that's our matchups.

I have a hunch Byrd is going to be tough on the Sox all year like Millwood last year.