Stupid, Hilarious Videos

SnB

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
Not even close.

I admit I liked and watched both shows and those were two big reasons why but as far as judging the overall show (not just the eye candy) I enjoyed Wonder Years just a little bit more.

I think it was the fact that it was a little more relatable to real life. Not everything got resolved in 30 minute segments and sometimes bad things happened. Even at the end they didn't wrap everything up in a happy little package where Kevin and Winnie get married and everyone lives happily ever after.

Saved by the Bell of course had it's moments but I could never get over the fact that they had such a close relationship with their principal. Too much like the Archie comics...

IMHO of course.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Kevin & Winnie > Zack and Kelly

Plus Paul was a much better "geek" than Screech.  :P

Man, I never even put those two in the same section of my brain. Watching SBTB was like a guilty pleasure when I was growing up. It interested me, but we all knew that s*** was stupid and completely unrealistic. Pretty much every bit of it. Even when they tried to get serious about some sort of an issue(I think the drunk driving episode is quite possibly the funniest episode ever, with "The Fight" a close second. Say "The Fight" outloud and with reverence, please).

The Wonder Years was way more realistic, and the characters were never perfect. The Wonder Years was hilarious, dont get me wrong, but the issues in the Wonder Years were more based on Kevin coming to terms with his family and himself. Mostly his father, IMO.

To me, this is kind of like comparing "Married...With Children" to "Family Ties".

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
OMG i forgot about Duck Tales lol I loved that show as a kid.  That and the show where the Bear drove the plane and fought all the tigers who had their mini planes.

Thats a sin...TAILSPIN.

Come on. :cheers