Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
On our home turf...after beating the crap out of these guys last year...on the days we get our rings...there's some element of being shown up in there.

The only way that Cleveland can "show us up" is by having their own ring ceremony at The Jake next April. Taking 2-of-3 from us in early April doesn't mean squat.

BTW, I'll bet that the Indians would've gladly given us this series if it meant that Sabathia weren't on the DL for the next 3-5 weeks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite an 0-for-8 start and a lefty on the mound, Scott Podsednik was in Wednesday's starting lineup. "The only way you're going to get a hit is if you're playing," Guillen said. "He's swinging the bat pretty well."

There's a lefty on the mound Friday against the Royals as well. Widge is scheduled to start.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)
There's a lefty on the mound Friday against the Royals as well.  Widge is scheduled to start.

Pods needs to get basehits and not try and put a hurt on the ball and he will be okay. If he was on base a few times, we score a lot more runs than we have with the day Gooch had.

Good series.. I think this game could've gone either way. Each team had a number of chances to break it open but failed..

Good Luck Sox until we meet again....

I will see you when we do play again.

So Long and if you want to check out tribe news or talk it, click my sig..

Bye!

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
Good series.. I think this game could've gone either way. Each team had a number of chances to break it open but failed..

Good Luck Sox until we meet again....

I will see you when we do play again.

So Long and if you want to check out tribe news or talk it, click my sig..

Bye!

Just got back from the game, Tribe got some great defense from Blake RF and Seizmore CF, they took at least 4 extra base hits away... even with all the hoopla and 2 of our main guys out of the lineup, we managed to almost pull this one out. Seems guys pressing a little to much, we will be ok now that all the hoopla is over with. What happend to Dye and I did not see Crede in the dugout?

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
Just got back from the game, Tribe got some great defense from Blake RF and Seizmore CF, they took at least 4 extra base hits away... even with all the hoopla and 2 of our main guys out of the lineup, we managed to almost pull this one out. Seems guys pressing a little to much, we will be ok now that all the hoopla is over with.  What happend to Dye and I did not see Crede in the dugout?

yeah, I noticed the same thing from where I was sitting. :bang

What happened to dye ? Where was crede?

Did you see that fight? :lol:

Just got back from the game, Tribe got some great defense from Blake RF and Seizmore CF, they took at least 4 extra base hits away... even with all the hoopla and 2 of our main guys out of the lineup, we managed to almost pull this one out. Seems guys pressing a little to much, we will be ok now that all the hoopla is over with.  What happend to Dye and I did not see Crede in the dugout?

Trust me, Blake is not normally that good in RF. Sizemore is as good as advertised though.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
yeah, I noticed the same thing from where I was sitting.  :bang 

What happened to dye ?  Where was crede?

Did you see that fight?  :lol:

the fight was f***in hilarious

i was thinking the same thing about crede/dye

when cintron came up in the 10th i was like "Where's Joe Crede!?"

we woulda won if he was there...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
the fight was f***in hilarious

i was thinking the same thing about crede/dye

when cintron came up in the 10th i was like "Where's Joe Crede!?"

we woulda won if he was there...

i dont think he was at the ballpark, looked for him all game long and didnt see him once. The fight was betetr than Wrestle mania 22 , had 2 knuckle heads jumping on the security and watching like 10 of them security dudes putting those 2 knuckle heads in various pretzel positions.

Just got back from the game, here are my thoughts:

Contreras got off to a rough start, but then settled in very nicely.

Paul Konerko is struggling quite a bit in clutch situations. Other teams are catching on to this and walking Thome. Pauly needs to make them pay and show why he deserves $60 million. It's almost an insult to Konerko IMO when Thome is intentionally walked, not only once but twice, in the same game to get to him.

What happened to Dye? If he was in today, I have a feeling he would have done a lot better than Mack. He had at least three chances to be the hero today, and the only thing he could do was break his bat and get one RBI.

A lot of the hitters seemed to be JUST late on the pitches. Lots of popups and foul balls off of the screen. The offense should come around soon.

Probably the best thing I got from today was that the Indians did not beat us. We beat ourselves, in fact, the Indians tried to hand us the game.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Trust me, Blake is not normally that good in RF.  Sizemore is as good as advertised though.

Yeah but he started off great from the 1st inning , thought he was a 3rd baseman.. dude was on fire in the outfield.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
Pods needs to get basehits and not try and put a hurt on the ball and he will be okay.  If he was on base a few times, we score a lot more runs than we have with the day Gooch had.

Last year we were awesome at scoring in the 1st inning. Do we heven ave any hits in the first inning so far?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Last year we were awesome at scoring in the 1st inning. Do we heven ave any hits in the first inning so far?

Didn't Cintron single in the first yesterday?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
Anyone see that fight near the end of the game in the bleachers? I didn't have a good vantage point, but one of the combatants gave about 6 or 7 security personnel all they could handle out there.

I'm sure we'll read about it in Mariotti's column tomorrow.

Or have a NICE colorful picture--such as the fat guy taking off his wet shirt opening night--featured somewhere on the internet.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Anyone see that fight near the end of the game in the bleachers? I didn't have a good vantage point, but one of the combatants gave about 6 or 7 security personnel all they could handle out there.

Yeah I saw it. I was behind the plate in the UD and I still could see all the security guards scrambling and falling down. Looked like quite a match.

On a side note, in our section some drunk Indians fan was causing some problems and he left for some reason in the 7th and on his way out he gave us all the bird and then recieved a beer shower. Some stupid b**** was all pissed off because her coat got some beer on it. Not more than a drop, but it was funny seeing the spoiled princess making a b**** out of herself.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
Seems guys pressing a little to much, we will be ok now that all the hoopla is over with. 

This is exactly what I thought was going on these last two games. They looked good (to me in any sense) Sunday, just seems they were pressuring themselves to each be the "hero" instead of playing ball. They will get it turned around in KC. :cheers