Drunk Lines At Comiskey...

JenksForPrez45

I always love the drunk people you always sit with at the games and sometimes they are annoying but sometimes they are just too funny. This is a chance to post your favorite drunk lines that you hear at the games. Also, it will always be Comiskey!

Heres mine from Sunday April 4th:

"Woah, Boone Logan pitching to Aaron Boone...that's just f***** up!"

:lolhitting

Edited by JenksForPrez45

I always get the guy who went to the game by HIMSELF, got lit up and is sitting right next to me and wants to be chat buddies for nine innings. He's not really being billigerent or doing anything wrong, but he's spewing drunk gibberish and he is usually extremely loud. Everything starts with "Hey buddy" and that's all I can make out. The best part is, after a while everyone around me thinks he's with me and they starts huffing and puffing and giving me that 'get that drunk asshole otta here' look.

I was at the game yesterday. I know you cannot avoid the drunks, but when I think of baseball and drinking I immediatly think of Wrigley Field and those cub fans. I hate it when cub fans show up to our games trying to influence their s*** in our ball park. I sat left field right next to the foul pole. Then I hear a guy scream throw the ball back after the Indians homer. Seriously whats the point? its just making you look like an idiot. I mean how many chances in a life time do you catch a ball in a regular season game? If your going to throw that s*** on the field give the ball atleast to some kid who hasn't even caught one before. I say if you want to throw the ball back go up north.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
I was in the upper deck yesterday and I had never seen so many stupid people in my life.  I know that there will be more and more of this with the bigger crowds and all of the new "Sox Fans".  People around me yesterday new nothing about baseball what so ever.  They were dressed head to toe in Sox gear and seemed very proud to be White Sox Fans.  However they did not know who Cintron, Mockoviak, or Boone Logan were.  All they did was complain about how bad of a pitcher Garcia was and that he should be traded after yesterday.  It was horrible listening to that for 9 innings.  Well only 6 inning they left in disgust after the 6th.  They said I am not going to pay to go to any more games to see the garbage. 

:bang

Sounds like the game thread/chat yesterday :bang

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:10 AM)
I was in the upper deck yesterday and I had never seen so many stupid people in my life.  I know that there will be more and more of this with the bigger crowds and all of the new "Sox Fans".  People around me yesterday new nothing about baseball what so ever.  They were dressed head to toe in Sox gear and seemed very proud to be White Sox Fans.  However they did not know who Cintron, Mockoviak, or Boone Logan were.  All they did was complain about how bad of a pitcher Garcia was and that he should be traded after yesterday.  It was horrible listening to that for 9 innings.  Well only 6 inning they left in disgust after the 6th.  They said I am not going to pay to go to any more games to see the garbage. 

:bang

I had a drunk guy next to me scream, Why did we trade Rowand for garbage after mack didnt get to a ball. I turned to him and said, hey moron remember that long home run that you jumped up and down about, that was the piece of garbage we got for Rowand. Then he told me Anderson sucks because he didnt get to that line drive. I told him well he had a hard time getting to that line drive from the f***ing dugout. Then he decided to argue with me that the guy in center was really Anderson, his proof was the fact that mack is a righty and Anderson was a lefty. Maybe he was too drunk to read the large lineup printout on the scoreboard. My brother leans over and says, you are a converted cub fan right. Well welcome aboard, but we sox fans actually know who the players are, and have some clue. This is not an open bar, so if you want to get f***ed up and then spout stupidity, please keep that for yourself.

Edited by southsideirish71

I had one of the worst hecklers of all time sitting by me yesterday so I assume he had to be drunk. Some of the things he said were: "Freddy, I've seen better pitching in Kane County." And my favorite: "hey ump, I've seen better calls on my cell phone." :huh:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
I had one of the worst hecklers of all time sitting by me yesterday so I assume he had to be drunk.  Some of the things he said were: "Freddy, I've seen better pitching in Kane County."  And my favorite: "hey ump, I've seen better calls on my cell phone." :huh:

My gripe isn't really just drunks but the ignorant assholes who aren't there to see a ball game but to be seen at the ball game.

From his first game my son was taught we are there to see a ballgame not to eat and get drunk. SIT in his seat and enjoy the game. If he has to get up he leaves at a half inning NOT when the game is in play!!!!

I wish everyone would follow some simple courtesy for those of us who care about the game.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
I was at the game yesterday.  I know you cannot avoid the drunks, but when I think of baseball and drinking I immediatly think of Wrigley Field and those cub fans.  I hate it when cub fans show up to our games trying to influence their s*** in our ball park.  I sat left field right next to the foul pole.  Then I hear a guy scream throw the ball back after the Indians homer.  Seriously whats the point? its just making you look like an idiot.  I mean how many chances in a life time do you catch a ball in a regular season game?  If your going to throw that s*** on the field give the ball atleast to some kid who hasn't even caught one before.  I say if you want to throw the ball back go up north.

I agree completely... the Cell was much too similar to a "Wrigley" type crowd yesterday. Uninformed stupid baseball fans that just came to get the ring and get drunk on an early spring day. If I have to hear "Rowand would have caught that" one more time, I think I'm gonna go haywire. I even heard "Podsednik sucks, why did we trade Willie Harris??" :chair Has it really all come down to this on the Southside??? :huh We all know our fans are better than this, but the trendies sure didnt take long to influence the park.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)
From his first game my son was taught we are there to see a ballgame not to eat and get drunk.  SIT in his seat and enjoy the game.  If he has to get up he leaves at a half inning NOT when the game is in play!!!!

So you have a problem with your son going to the bathroom or getting something to eat while the game is going? :huh

On the otehr hand, I'm glad you don't let your SON get drunk at ball games. How old is he? :lolhitting

Edited by TheBigHurt

I wasn't drunk, but last year I went to a Sox/Orioles game in May. I was in great seats, only a few rows up behind 1st base. Anyways, Palmeiro was warming up for a bit about half an hour before the game I'd guess, and then he just stood around and talked to some people for a while after warming up for a couple minutes. I then decided to yell at him "Hey Raffy, you seem bored! Having trouble getting *pauses* UP!! for the game today?" He gave me one of the dirtiest looks of all time and started stretching again. Good times.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
So you have a problem with your son going to the bathroom or getting something to eat while the game is going?  :huh

On the otehr hand, I'm glad you don't let your SON get drunk at ball games. How old is he?  :lolhitting

I'm pretty sure he means go at the inning break or during a pitching change instead of blocking everyone's view of the action while you're in the middle of your fourth beer run.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

part of it is the tailgating before the game. I never really associated tailgating with baseball, when I think of tailgating I think of Football, but baseball? I remember waiting in these long lines just to get into Comiskey Park and I remember looking at one of the parking lot post signs and at the cement base it had so many alcohol beverages, I was like holy s*** when the f*** did these people get here? 6 am? I know Brooks Boyer and his marketing staff have for years been trying to make (:angry: U.S Cellular field :angry:) Comiskey more of fan friendly enviroment but more for families with all of the new additions but with all the drinking and dumbass fans that are showing up its kind of defeating what we are trying to do. Does anyone remember reading a few seasons back about the drunk guy who attacked an ump. I think I remember reading somewhere that the guy who went on the field is a cubs fan and he got wasted at a cub day game and went straight to the Comiskey for a night game. This kind of inflitration of drinking and cub fans is really going to hurt us down the road.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
I wasn't drunk, but last year I went to a Sox/Orioles game in May.  I was in great seats, only a few rows up behind 1st base.  Anyways, Palmeiro was warming up for a bit about half an hour before the game I'd guess, and then he just stood around and talked to some people for a while after warming up for a couple minutes.  I then decided to yell at him "Hey Raffy, you seem bored!  Having trouble getting *pauses* UP!! for the game today?"  He gave me one of the dirtiest looks of all time and started stretching again.  Good times.

FUNNIEST. s***. EVER.

I was once at a sox game at old comiskey in about the fifth row in lower deck behind

one of those rails.

A fan was walking by and some drunk in the first row behind the rail leaned over and

WHAM smashed the fan in the face for no reason.

If you were the poor sap walking by at the exact moment it would have been you.

I also remember sitting in the lower level next to a drunk who decided to crucify the

ump on every pitch. It grew old after about ... 2 pitches.

People need to stifle the drinking. If you have more than one beer every 2 innings

me thinks you may be there for the wrong reason. Go to a bar.

I almost forgot about a game last year when I got seats in right field against the tigers to heckle Magglio and I remember this guy bringing in a whole pack of poster boards and a sharpie and writing one of my favorite lines in the world: "Magglio is a f**glio!" This will be one of my favorite drunk moments in recent years. He got the first one taken away and continued to make new ones. Overall, I think he ended up with 10-12 posters made and taken away.

:gosoxretro: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4:

I almost forgot about a game last year when I got seats in right field against the tigers to heckle Magglio and I remember this guy bringing in a whole pack of poster boards and a sharpie and writing one of my favorite lines in the world: "Magglio is a f**glio!" This will be one of my favorite drunk moments in recent years. He got the first one taken away and continued to make new ones. Overall, I think he ended up with 10-12 posters made and taken away.

Haha that's great ...

One game last year, can't recall which but this young guy. About 23 I'd say came roaring into the game beers in both hands. Sits down infront of me and every inning gets a new beer. So he's screaming and going crazy, Half of the players he was screaming weren't even up to bat. :huh: So the 5th inning rolls around and BAM guy hits the floor like a bag of bricks. Kids started throwing peanuts at him (I thought was kinda rude ...) so he finally gets up after an inning or two and walks away into the sunset stumbling all along the way, I especially liked when he slured his words asking "where did these peanuts come from?" ... I couldn't help but crack a smile.

Edited by SouthsideBlitz

standing in line to pee, you can hear the game audio.

"f*** Joe Morgan!"

"Yeah, I hate that asshole!"

"Yeah, 'back when I played...blah blah blah' Joe Morgan, whata joke"

"He played for the Big Red Machine! Hell, I could bat in that order!"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah!"

Good times.

i had a few guys sitting behind me on Wednesday that got excited everytime there was a ball in the air, so that kind of gave away that they were new to the Sox.

But the thing that made me laugh out loud:

1st guy: (after noticing Makowiak was in RF)....So what happened to Dye?

2nd guy: maybe they moved him to DH.