AL Central Central

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Heh, trust me I know that.  Like I said, it's taken a lot of convincing for me to even believe Detroit will have a chance to finish over .500.  Like I said, I don't think they're going to be serious contenders come september but they'll hang around for a while imo.

They're beginning to remind me of the '03 Royals.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
Imagine how the tigers think. They destroy the twins, and make up no ground. Eventually, they will settle down and will start to lose ground.

I bet the Tigers are still wondering how they got swept in Comerica by the Sox.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
The Tribe is imploding on ESPN right now.

Hell yeah. I turned the game on at the beginning of this inning when it was 4-1. They've batted around with Blalock coming up after doubling to start the inning. 7-4 Rangers.

Indians better figure out their bullpen, or else they are going to fall WAY behind yet again. Detroit is a cute little story, but I'm not all that worried about them yet. If we keep playing as well as we can and should, the Tigers will either fall behind or all of a sudden it might turn out that the AL Central gets 2 playoff teams anyways.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I would hate to be a Twins fan right now.

They kicked our ass from 01-04, so we should be loving this suckiness from them...but no team should lose 1-0 to the Royals. If it's not their pitching, it's their hitting; if it's not their hitting, it's their pitching; and, now and then when they play Detroit, it's both.

I hate to see the underdog lose, even if they were a once hated rival. Hopefully they figure out that Kubel would be hitting 4th or 5th in that lineup right now and would be raking sooner rather than later.

^^^^

I don't know why, but I feel bad for them. I liked when we were going at it in the first part of this decade for some reason. It's probably fact that right now Cleveland's our main rival in the division, but I don't like them. I can't respect or like them as a rival the same way I do Minnesota.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 4, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
I love seeing Minny be under .500, love it.

HOWEVER, I respect many different pieces in that franchise, including Gardenhire, Ryan,Torii, Santana, Ford and Nathan. For as long as I can remember, the team has played the game the way it should be played, have always been WAY out of the spotlight, have a very limited payroll, yet always kick the crap out of the AL Central.

I despise everything that has to with the Indian organization, and love seeing that team struggle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope to god that they stay where they are and dont wake up but I definitely have a ton of respect for their organization. Hopefully they continue to suck ass though.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 5, 2006 -> 12:05 AM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope to god that they stay where they are and dont wake up but I definitely have a ton of respect for their organization.  Hopefully they continue to suck ass though.

Their entire team is pretty much 1 big weakness other than their closer and #1 starter. They aren't a threat at all, I hope the Twinkies enjoy 4th place. I'm glad to see it.

Until the Twins learn how to develop young hitters at the major league level, they're not got going to get higher than 4th in the division for a while.

And really considering where they were a few seasons back, that's quite depressing for a Twinkies fan.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
Until the Twins learn how to develop young hitters at the major league level, they're not got going to get higher than 4th in the division for a while.

And really considering where they were a few seasons back, that's quite depressing for a Twinkies fan.

I thought the Sox were the only ones that couldn't develop talent at the Major League level. :crying :crying :crying :crying

yep..it pretty much sucks right now

we even drew 6 walks last night..which the Twins havent done in forever and ZERO runs to show for it. Unf***ing believeable

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)

my boss and I were talking about the last good hitter the Twins developed. We came up with Chuck Knoblauch back in the early to mid 90's. (this list excluded Mauer..but he is looking good as a hitter so far)

every other potential great hitter flamed out in a few years. Mientkiewicz hit .300 his first year and bombed after that. Jacque Jones turned from a pateint .300 type hitter to a .260 free swinger. Hunter has never been discplined at the plate. The list goes on

I suffered throught he dark days of the mid 90's. But lsoing back then didnt feel as much as it does know because we are supposed to compete..and that is not getting done

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)

They sure develop some pitching though.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 7, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
Twins come from behind to beat the Tigers 7-6 in the 9th.

The 1st 4 hitters for Minny had 9 out of the 13 hits for the Twinkies tonight.

It shows that when those guys don't hit, they're not going to score many runs, because the bottom half of their order ain't very good at all.

And more amazingly, Jesse Crain actually had 3K's and didn't give up a run in 1.1IP. :o

And oh yeah, the longer the Tigers keep Todd Jones as their closer, the better for us. :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:50 AM)
The 1st 4 hitters for Minny had 9 out of the 13 hits for the Twinkies tonight.

It shows that when those guys don't hit, they're not going to score many runs, because the bottom half of their order ain't very good at all.

And more amazingly, Jesse Crain actually had 3K's and didn't give up a run in 1.1IP.  :o

And oh yeah, the longer the Tigers keep Todd Jones as their closer, the better for us.  :D

This was a bad loss for my team (Tigers), very demoralizing to blow it in the ninth like that when this team has owned the Twins so far this year.

It's not like I didn't see it coming though in a one run game with the way Todd Jones has pitched this year. Jones is an absolute garbage closer. Although this was his first blown save, he's getting absolutely torched as evidenced by his ERA over 6.00. He inspires no confidence in anybody. Jim Leyland just needs to make a move now and promote Fernando Rodney to closer and Joel Zumaya to set up man because Todd Jones is just not going to get it done. I know he has a large salary, but he should be pitching mop up IMO.

Also, we have been playing so well this year but you guys never seem to lose, so it seems we can't get over .5-1.5 games back. I don't really expect the team to play like this all year, but it's been a nice change to be competitive for once rather than having the season over by April.