Sox vs. Kansas City, 4/9/06, Buehrle vs. Elarton

HeGone33

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Lets turn this s*** around....STARTING WITH THIS ONE!!!!

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

I'm with ya on that one brotha! :cheers

Especially reading all these negativity threads. It's just laughable in my eyes. Good teams get back on track and the Sox are a hellofa team. MB will pitch good tomorrow. Book it.

personally I think this is the easiest way to turn it around for the sox

tip their hats to the royals and indians for beating us four times in a row, then recognize our mistakes and fix them so we can take a look at the negative things we did so early in the year, and try not to repeat them when we play teams late in the year

What I'm trying to say is that the sox are paying for my mistakes early on, so they will be less likely to mess up again

they should recognize that, then move on and get back to business

:gosox3:

I'm going to temporarily adopt the role of Poppy Hildago here and predict a loss. Rip away if need be, but I'm not feeling good about tomorrow.

Nothing tangible justifies my belief--although numerous Royals hitters have abysmal career numbers off Buehlre. He SHOULD pitch well. I just believe tomorrow our hitters will press against Elarton, we'll fail to string together quality AB's, and the first play/missed umpire call which goes against Buehrle will rattle him. Sweeney will probably find himself at the plate when this occurs, of course.

Just going by how the season has started, and the inventive ways we've found to lose, it would only be appropriate for this club to finally convince everyone this isn't 2005 with another embarrassing loss to KC.

Time for Buerhle to step up with a good outing, our bullpen to do the job when called upon, and for our hitters to get on the board early against Elarton.

Elarton's not going to strike us out a lot at all. The key for our hitters is to be patient, work the counts, and DON't swing at ball 4.

Get runners on base, and he ain't a good pitcher.

I hate Scott Elarton. I hate his windup. I hate how he shut the Sox out a few times in the past years. Now it's time for the Sox to get revenge. Go into Detroit with confidence. We got the perfect man on the mound. The offense just needs to respond as well.

:bringit :bringit :bringit :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
Buehrle are you really an Ace?  Do what an ace does and stop the bleeding

I thought that's what a Band-Aid does LOL.. But have to agree... Lets hope the Bleeding stops. Not that I'm worried, but just hate losing.

Chip

Edited by osxfreak