Hair Cuts Coming

Sox1422

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
Fines for tarp sliding?  Telling players to get haircuts?

Whats going on?!

The real world.

Stopping behavior favorable to injury and dress & appearance codes are fairly common.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
The real world.

Stopping behavior favorable to injury and dress & appearance codes are fairly common.

the slip and slide thing is cute and all, until someone hurts themselves then soxtalk is imploding calling for ozzie and kw's head for allowing such dumb behavior.

Plus its not like their abilities are tied to a haircut.

And if if is, maybe they can all get lockets to put their hair in to remember the hippy days of old.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 07:31 AM)
Just said that JR told KW that AJ, Crede, Freddy, and Cotts need to get haircuts.  He said JR "doesn't want to be like the Yankees, but he doesn't want to be the Red Sox either".

While it would be an outright tragedy if of our players were to look like Red Sox-era Johnny Damon, cutting Crede's hair may result in a Samson-like slump.

Agreed with KW about the tarp-sliding, though. It's only cute until somebody injures himself.

Lets see JR doesnt want to be like the yankees, but he doesn't want to be like the red sox?? Pick one or the other JR. I understand the Buerhle thing to a certain extent, but i dont agree with this. Its not like there hair is as long as Damons, just some poofyness flairing out in the back and sides. Let them be, let them have fun with it.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:07 AM)
Lets see JR doesnt want to be like the yankees, but he doesn't want to be like the red sox?? Pick one or the other JR.

Ummm, no. I want to be like the White Sox, not like the Yankees OR Red Sox. JR can run his ship as he sees fit.

Even AJ said he didn't care about getting his hair cut. He said it is starting to bother him since he has not had a cut since last July. He also said that he had a bet with Crede to see who would get theirs cut first and he won the bet (Crede got a trim not too long ago) so he is ready to cut it and has a "hair appointment" later this week.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
Even AJ said he didn't care about getting his hair cut.  He said it is starting to bother him since he has not had a cut since last July.  He also said that he had a bet with Crede to see who would get theirs cut first and he won the bet (Crede got a trim not too long ago) so he is ready to cut it and has a "hair appointment" later this week.

Wow, last July? Thats a long time. I would almost think it would be longer, but people's hair grow at different rates

This isn't really a big deal, but I wish JR wouldn't worry about this. What's the big deal what a player's hair looks like? Hell, if they're winning, they could die it pink or put it in pigtails for all I care. In fact, that might be kind of interesting.

Every chick I know thinks Cotts and Crede are heartthrobs and would be disappointed to see them cut their locks.

QUOTE(BlizzardOfOzzie @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)
Please.  This is not 1955 and Leave It To Beaver.  This only tells me that Reinsdorf is out of touch and it makes him sound like an old man.  This isn't your era, pal.  These guys got you a World Series ring and you're gonna gripe about long hair?  Ridiculous.

It's called professionalism. I am far from a high wage employee but my boss would damn well let me know if I began showing up for work looking unkempt. Sadly in the real world there are rules for hygiene. If your looks portray a lack of professionalism in the mind of your boss or owner they certainly have the right to tell you to clean yourself up a little. Even Best Buy puts limitations on earrings and hair length. But JR is 'out of touch'..I recommend you look in the mirror to see who is out of touch here.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)
I love being a Sox fan when our biggest worries are the end of Buehrle's slip-n-slide festivities and player's haircuts.  :cheers

good call.

Saying that, I don't want crede to go back to his alien look.

05CredeJoeStudio.jpg