Game Thread: Sox vs Twinkies 4-21-06

Capn12

Had a pretty solid run last year on starting these things, and since everyone else is scared of Johan, I'll get us going here!!

Santana (0-2, 5.71) vs. Buehrle (2-0, 2.25)

Not the best track record against Johan obviously, but I didn't realize it was this bad last year:

The crafty left-hander actually went 4-0 (16-7 overall), with two shutouts and a 0.92 ERA, in five starts against Chicago last season. The White Sox hit just .175 against Santana with 44 strikeouts.

:gosox3:

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
I'd rather catch Santana now, since he's been struggling, than after he finds his groove.  Which he undoubtedly will.

No joke. I hope he struggles for one more game. Thome is due!!

Nice avatar by the way, I have that poster on my wall. Thats a pretty nice thing for the Cubune to do.

QUOTE(IHatetheCubs4556 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
No joke.  I hope he struggles for one more game.  Thome is due!!

Nice avatar by the way, I have that poster on my wall. Thats a pretty nice thing for the Cubune to do.

Thanks. I have the Sun-Times special insert mounted and framed on my wall.

This is a huge game. Two perennial Cy Young candidates facing off; the Sox are the hottest team in baseball 9-1 in last 10; and Minnesota always plays the Sox tough.

Sox 4-2, Crede HRs.

Lets keep the streak going

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
The pregame report says he's been relying almost exclusively on his fast ball  :huh

Something happen to that devastating change up?

Maybe he is just having problems with his release point similar to what Buehrle went through at the tail end of the season last year. I guess when the release point is pretty messed up, your changeup starts to look like a BP fastball

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 01:46 AM)
Im going to the game... my only problem is lol I dont know how to get there not using the Dan Ryan.

It really has not been that bad at all, so ya might as well take it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 08:54 AM)
It really has not been that bad at all, so ya might as well take it.

I think the entire construction is over-hyped. From Tinley we got to the game in 30 mins, and got home in 25 mins last monday night. It wasnt bad at all.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
I think the entire construction is over-hyped. From Tinley we got to the game in 30 mins, and got home in 25 mins last monday night.  It wasnt bad at all.

Good for the Sox fans.. :cheers

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
I think the entire construction is over-hyped. From Tinley we got to the game in 30 mins, and got home in 25 mins last monday night.  It wasnt bad at all.

Maybe because so many people have been avoiding it? If more people start to think it's not bad and decide to start using it again, you might see some delays.