White Sox v. Mariners

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:19 AM)
I hated these lineups last year but we definitely seemed to have the most fresh time come postseason.  So maybe JUST MAYBE Ozzie knows a bit more then we do.  Maybe.

When your team is absolutely on fire like we were, I hate the idea of sitting 3 of your hottest players in one game. If they would have sat Crede tonight, Dye tomorrow, and Pods on Wednesday....that's fine. Ozzie knew that Seattle wasn't putting up a lot of runs. This was a game where if we can get 4 or 5 runs, we should win.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
I hated these lineups last year but we definitely seemed to have the most fresh time come postseason.  So maybe JUST MAYBE Ozzie knows a bit more then we do.  Maybe.

Ridiculous! Ozzie know more than us about baseball? :P

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
It's not just one game.. it's one game we should have EASILY won, had Ozzie not gone out with a backup lineup. This sets a bad trend for the team for the next 5 games. Now, its like "God damn it, we lost, on the west coast, like ALWAYS, this is fun!" The psyche of the team will be down. We needed to come out and win TONIGHT, and go with the backup lineup tomorrow. Plain and Simple.

And I'm a HUGE Ozzie fan, but he f***ed this up bigtime.

^^^^^^^^^

I don't mind losing games, hell we will lose more beleive it or not!! Just frustrated with a couple things Ozzie did, like run out the sunday lineup, and leaving Garland in when the pen is quite rested as it is. Don't let Garland pitch to a lefty who has always hurt us...its common sense.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:20 AM)
There's no way Mackowiak is hitting if Guardado is in. There shouldn't be anyway Anderson hits unless the leadoff man homers even if I was pitching.

That should state there's no way Mackowiak is hitting if a lefty is on the mound...but we know that's not true.

QUOTE(toasty @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
but play all but 2 in one game??? thats MORONIC

it sounds like something dusty baker would do!

No it's not. Think about it this way, you rest 0 guys, you win like 54% of your games. You rest 1 guy, you win 50%. You rest 2 guys, it's like 48%. You rest 3 guys, it's like 46%. The biggest difference comes when you take your first starter out. If you're going to rest people, on average, you win more games when you do rest them in bulk than when you rest them individually.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
Man we suck, even though we haven't lost in a week, haha.

We definately don't suck. Our backup lineup isn't the best. I know you were kidding, I'm just saying.

Our bullpen should have come in for the 8th, not Jon, whos struggling BIG TIME, obviously.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:23 AM)
No it's not.  Think about it this way, you rest 0 guys, you win like 54% of your games.  You rest 1 guy, you win 50%.  You rest 2 guys, it's like 48%.  You rest 3 guys, it's like 46%.  The biggest difference comes when you take your first starter out.  If you're going to rest people, on average, you win more games when you do rest them in bulk than when you rest them individually.

I understand that statistic, and I applaud whoever took the time to figure it out. However, there's some things that stats can't tell....like how well guys are hitting at the plate. Dye and Crede have been just as important as anyone on our team besides Thome this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
When your team is absolutely on fire like we were, I hate the idea of sitting 3 of your hottest players in one game.  If they would have sat Crede tonight, Dye tomorrow, and Pods on Wednesday....that's fine.  Ozzie knew that Seattle wasn't putting up a lot of runs.  This was a game where if we can get 4 or 5 runs, we should win.

He did the same junk last year as well. It's frusterating as all hell during that game but his s*** works as annoying as it can be.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
No it's not.  Think about it this way, you rest 0 guys, you win like 54% of your games.  You rest 1 guy, you win 50%.  You rest 2 guys, it's like 48%.  You rest 3 guys, it's like 46%.  The biggest difference comes when you take your first starter out.  If you're going to rest people, on average, you win more games when you do rest them in bulk than when you rest them individually.

I'm in no way agaisnt sitting 3 starters, except in this exact situation.

WE NEEDED TO WIN THIS GAME. Plain and Simple, get the monkey off our backs, and get the west coast series started with a win.