White Sox v. Mariners

AddisonStSox

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
I would have never run out this lineup for the first game... just pure madness

Guys, it's ok to lose a game every now and again. You can't play your starters 162 games a year, and keeping people rested worked well last year.

I'm seriously f***ing pissed right now. This was our game to win. This team is horrible right now (the M's) and we go out with our backup lineup. What the f*** is Ozzie doing?

Now we got Cintron, Mack, and BA to strike out and end the game. Good job Ozzie.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:18 AM)
Ozzie you suck, blah blah blah, Sunday lineup, blah blah blah, stupid moves, blah blah blah, lucky Manager of the year. Hmm. I wonder if I missed anything?

:headshake You can be Manager of the Year, and still manage a bad game from time to time. People were saying the lineup sucked an hour before the game.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
Guys, it's ok to lose a game every now and again.  You can't play your starters 162 games a year, and keeping people rested worked well last year.

I hated these lineups last year but we definitely seemed to have the most fresh time come postseason. So maybe JUST MAYBE Ozzie knows a bit more then we do. Maybe.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
If nothing else, Everyday Eddie has an ERA over 10.

Do you think that Ozzie is going to pinch hit?

He has Dye and Crede who can pinch hit, but he wont.

He will run Cintron, Anderson out there.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
Guys, it's ok to lose a game every now and again.  You can't play your starters 162 games a year, and keeping people rested worked well last year.

but play all but 2 in one game??? thats MORONIC

it sounds like something dusty baker would do!

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
haha, relax soxtalk

it's just one game

It's not just one game.. it's one game we should have EASILY won, had Ozzie not gone out with a backup lineup. This sets a bad trend for the team for the next 5 games. Now, its like "God damn it, we lost, on the west coast, like ALWAYS, this is fun!" The psyche of the team will be down. We needed to come out and win TONIGHT, and go with the backup lineup tomorrow. Plain and Simple.

And I'm a HUGE Ozzie fan, but he f***ed this up bigtime.