J.Nelson

Soxfest

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
B.Logan can go down, Sox do not need 3 Lh relievers anyway, Nelson is a veteran and can be ready quickly call him up this weekend. :gosoxretro:

Well, while I agree with you that he needs to be with the big-league club, I don't think this weekend would be the right move.

As many of you know, there have been a few of us wanting Nelson since the 2005 off-season. The guy can straight get it done. He's pitched on the game's largest stages and he has succeeded.

Look at his splits against right-handers. He'll be up and our little a-ball adventure will be all over with.

Thanks for the mop-up duty, kid, but, we're trying to win ballgames.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Well, even if he stinks it up he won't be far off from how some of our current relievers are performing.

True. If Tracey could hit the strike zone I'd want him up pronto cause he's en fuego.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
True. If Tracey could hit the strike zone I'd want him up pronto cause he's en fuego.

Oh, Christ...another minor leaguer?

Sorry, but, this is not the time to be breaking in rookies. Jenks was a fun story last year with his 100mph fastball and that hammer, but, unless Tracey has some velocity I am not aware of, give me some major league talent...the last thing this team needs is another kid to piss down his leg in the late innings.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)

Sorry, but, this is not the time to be breaking in rookies.  Jenks was a fun story last year with his 100mph fastball and that hammer, but, unless Tracey has some velocity I am not aware of, give me some major league talent...the last thing this team needs is another kid to piss down his leg in the late innings.

Tracey does throw hard, obviously not Bobby hard but I think Sean will be one hell of a reliever for us, THIS year.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)

Sorry, but, this is not the time to be breaking in rookies.  Jenks was a fun story last year with his 100mph fastball and that hammer, but, unless Tracey has some velocity I am not aware of, give me some major league talent...the last thing this team needs is another kid to piss down his leg in the late innings.

I want to say he reaches 95......

That's also why I qualified by saying if he could hit the strike zone. No one with his walk numbers will be up anytime soon but he's putting some dynamite numbers up at AAA.

I totally expect us to have a proven arm in that penn added before July 31.

There have been way too many shaky appearances by the relief corp. Tonight the only one to get someone out without surrendering hits and/or walks was Politte. To many walks and failing to get the first batter out. Absolutely unacceptable. I don't know if Nelson is the answer, but he cant be worse then what we have seen

We won't be seeing Nelson until June at the earliest IMHO.

I think our pen has been made out to be worse than what it has been so far, and over the past few days it's shown signs of settling down.

I'm hoping tonight's performance was just an aberration.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
We won't be seeing Nelson until June at the earliest IMHO.

I think our pen has been made out to be worse than what it has been so far, and over the past few days it's shown signs of settling down.

I'm hoping tonight's performance was just an aberration.

Nelson needs time to get ready, he needs also a few minor league appearances.

Logan has to disappear. Ozzie needs to stop worrying so much about what hand the person who comes to the plate has. He burns through the pen trying to play matchup. Your loogy is the only one that comes in for a true matchup and usually to get one or 2 batters. After that the rest of your pen should be able to pitch to both sides. And contrary to Ozzies belief some of our relievers have pitched better to the opposites side of the plate.

Nelson hasn't pitched in awhile. He will get some time getting back in the groove of things in minor leagues and then make his way up here probably by the end of the month. Give him some time to get his arm strength up and his pitches moving and he will be here soon enough. Its obvious Logan will most likely go down, thornton is out of options.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 6, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
They seem to want a knuckleballer in the pen for whatever reason. Heager would be an absolute disaster as a middle reliever, AJ and Widge would go f***ing bonkers.

I assume Chris Stewart is catching him down at Charlotte? He's set to take Widger's job next year too right?

I was just tooling around on MILB.com and saw that Agustin Montero in 21 IP in 11 appearances has only given up 9 hits with 20 Ks and 1 ER. I also saw that he is 28. I was just wondering if he simply has AAA stuff and is organizational depth or if there is any possibility of him making it to the show. I've never heard of him and saw those numbers and was wondering if anyone had a scouting report on him. Also saw that Javier Lopez is tearing it up in Charlotte (14 IP, 1.00 WHIP, 14/2 K/BB, .84 ERA)

QUOTE(Felix @ May 6, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
:lol:

Everyone wants to be like Soxtalk

They wouldn't be the first. The guy in charge said his dream was to be an admin at Soxtalk. Maybe he shoulda just asked, like Spiff. :D

We miss you, Spiff.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 7, 2006 -> 04:14 AM)
They seem to want a knuckleballer in the pen for whatever reason. Heager would be an absolute disaster as a middle reliever, AJ and Widge would go f***ing bonkers.

I love to see Haegar pitching lights out in AAA. I see him being moved at the deadline for whatever help is needed for the sox. Haegar might be fine in some other teams rotation. Yet when a knuckleballer is off, he might not make it out of the 1st inning. The sox want more from their SP's [like consistency, the ability to go 6, 7 innings even w/o their best stuff, etc] than one trick pitch. Guys like BMac, Broadway, Liotta and Lumsden are / will be better fits than Charlie