GAME THREAD 5-16-06 SOX vs RAYS

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Ozzie is completely misusing Logan. When he has worked a lot he has shown he can go out there and get people out. When he has a huge amount of time off he struggles.... Ozzie needs to either use Boone more consistently or he needs to be sent down.

Don't worry, he'll be gone soon and hopefully won't ever be back.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)

Guys, the Rays are NOT a joke this year, nor were they really much of a joke at the end of last year. Kazmir is most certainly the real deal, and they have some good young talent that goes through hitting streaks.

I mean, they handed the Yankees their asses all season, and routinely give them problems.

They are 5 under hitting .230 as a club. Imagine if they had not been slumping so badly.

REPLY:

Yes, Kazmir seems to be a real good pitcher, but we shouldn't be getting shelled so badly here. At least the pitching staff should give us a chance!!! We need some relief help or as the season wears on we will have trouble just as we have seen early.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
More? He hasn't had much at all. I have said it before, I think Logan can be a good major league pitcher, but he should have been no where near the major league club. Send him to AA, get him some solid, consistent innings in, and bring up Lopez for the time being until Nelson is ready.

It's quite simple....Logan's nowhere near ready to pitch in the majors.

We got a matchup of our 6th starter against one of the hottest pitchers in the game, our SP was on an 80 pitch count, and our middle relief sucks ass. Did anybody actually expect to win this game? We had very little chance, similar to last Friday at Minnesota with Johan vs. Garland. Hopefully Jon pitches decent tomorrow and we light up sorry ass Seth McClung, and then Javy can win series Thursday.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
I can't believe they blamed that on his ADD. Quite simply, he got lazy, and Johnson showed great hustle.

His ADD is quite bad though, sometimes they have to remind him he is due up to bat.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
We got a matchup of our 6th starter against one of the hottest pitchers in the game, our SP was on an 80 pitch count, and our middle relief sucks ass. Did anybody actually expect to win this game? We had very little chance, similar to last Friday at Minnesota with Johan vs. Garland. Hopefully Jon pitches decent tomorrow and we light up sorry ass Seth McClung, and then Javy can win series Thursday.

With a 100 million dollar payroll, you should be in every game.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
More? He hasn't had much at all. I have said it before, I think Logan can be a good major league pitcher, but he should have been no where near the major league club. Send him to AA, get him some solid, consistent innings in, and bring up Lopez for the time being until Nelson is ready.

SERENITY NOW!! Yes, I agree completely. More seasoning when he has had none or little all measn the same thing. Logan shouldn't be here that's that

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
5 under and they are still last in their division and near the bottom of the AL.

They are hitting .230 and have 6 runs in 5 innings.

The Rays won't hit .230 all season. Big surprise.

2nd worst in the AL >>>>>> about 2/3rds of the NL. And they are miles above Kansas City.

Tampa Bay has some major league talent, and we faced probably one of the 15 best starters in the league tonight. The way he's pitching, it was gonna be hard to put many runs up on the board. Big deal. We'll get em the next two nights.

I still think Tampa could win 75 this year.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
His ADD is quite bad though, sometimes they have to remind him he is due up to bat.

I heard that, but it's not like he started picking flowers on the field while going to first base.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
The Rays won't hit .230 all season. Big surprise.

No s*** they won't, but getting shelled by a team that has slumped for a month and a half is not acceptable.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
With a 100 million dollar payroll, you should be in every game.

Well when the other team is pitching their ace (who is better than any pitcher on the Yankees mind you) and we're pitching our 6th starter who could go 5 innings tops, and our 1 weakness is our middle relief suckfest....you have a game you'd need a lot of luck to be in. When you play 162 games, there are some like this and last Friday that you are just set up to lose. That's why nobody goes 162-0.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
No s*** they won't, but getting shelled by a team that has slumped for a month and a half is not accpetable.

If we were winning this game 10-6 against any other starter on their roster, this thread wouldn't have any such complaints. The Rays hit very well last season, and are known for hitting well and pitching like s***.