Kerry Wood has a sore shoulder

thedoctor

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 21, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
I never wish for injuries, unless it is a cub....hahaahahahahaahhaha f***in dickweeks

dickweeks?

LMFAO!

You guys have no idea how funny that is.

Back on topic though...........Carrie Wood is such a vagina.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Good, I hope he misses a month or more. I wish injury and bad luck on that team and their fans after their embarassing display of class this weekend. I know eye for an eye is a bit childish, but in this case I will follow it.

Um... Hill and Barrett can go to hell, but the rest of the Cubs team and the majority of fans I have spoken to were pretty good about the whole thing. Seems a but classless to me to wish injury on someone, even if some of his teammates are a***oles.

You have to figure the discomfort is legitimate or he wouldn't have complained. He has every incentive to string together starts with the possibility of becoming a FA next season.

What matters more than results is remaining healthy. That 95 mph fastball and tight curveball will lure someone into foolishly giving him an extended deal.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 21, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
What matters more than results is remaining healthy. That 95 mph fastball and tight curveball will lure someone into foolishly giving him an extended deal.

Couldn't agree more there, I don't think there is any doubt about that. The starting pitching market is just retarded at this point.

Maybe should he hang up his career in baseball and get a job that lives up to his name. You know, like maybe work for a log splitting company. That way when homeowners need more logs to keep their fire places heated up, they can call the washed-up has-been pitcher from the Cubs, and he came make the delivery that the homeowner requested. That way......he can then go ahead and "CARRY WOOD!!!!"

I mean, sheesh! This guys unbelievable. You hit the guy with a bag of marshmallows, and he's constantly sidelined, and makes more money than all of us on this board put together. Maybe another slogan that his agent can come up with for his next contract should be......"Hi! If you looking for a pitcher that will find a way to sign a fat contract, and then sit on his rear end, never play, and still collect his money, do you know who is able to accomplish this task? The answer....."Kerry WOULD!!!!!!!"

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Good, I hope he misses a month or more. I wish injury and bad luck on that team and their fans after their embarassing display of class this weekend. I know eye for an eye is a bit childish, but in this case I will follow it.

What did their fans do...? Nothing but class around us when the incident went down Saturday. Several Cub fans got tossed from the 1b dugout area because they were yelling at Baker.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 21, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
I don't wish injury on anyone, including Cubs, but I can't help not laughing at how many times he's been injured. Stick another pin in the right shoulder of the voodoo dool known as Kid Rx, as Mariotti would say

Guess it's your alter ego posting death to Bonds, eh? :rolly

I feel bad for Kerry Wood, because he seems like a genuinely good guy, but I don't feel bad for the Cubs.

They have continuously banked on Wood being healthy despite his injury history, and haven't done much (if anything) to acquire additional pitching help. Then he gets hurt again and they're stuck with rookies or middle relievers thrown into the rotation.

There were a LOT of available free-agent pitchers last offseason, and only guy they picked up was another injury case, Wade Miller. That's just inexcusable - I can see where the Prior thing may have blindsided them, but they KNEW Wood would spend some time on the DL after shoulder surgery.

I hope for Wood's sake that he can someday stay healthy, but it would be fitting for him to do that for another franchise.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
Trade him while you can.

That makes sense because so many teams will be clammering over an injury prone and currently injured pitcher who's currently making $11M and he happens to have a full NO-trade clause.