Game Thread: 6/16/06, Sox @ Reds

RME JICO

Chi White Sox (41-25) at Cincinnati (37-29)

6:10 Start Time

Game 1 of the Series

Starting Pitchers

6168.jpg Freddy Garcia (7-4, 5.13 ERA) vs 6861.jpg Brandon Claussen (3-7, 5.28)

Forecast:

32.gif

High:87°

Low: 60°

Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph

Great American Ball Park Dimensions

3B Foul Pole - 328ft

Left Center - 379ft

Centerfield - 404ft

Right Center - 370ft

1B Foul Pole - 325ft

Starting Lineups

REDS

F Lopez SS

B Phillips 2B

K Griffey Jr. CF

R Aurilia 3B

A Dunn LF

A Kearns RF

S Hatteberg 1B

D Ross C

B Claussen P

SOX

S Podsednik LF

T Iguchi 2B

P Konerko 1B

J Dye RF

J Crede 3B

C Widger C

J Uribe SS

B Anderson CF

F Garcia P

:gosox1: :gosoxretro:

Let's go Freddy, get back on track tonight!

Edited by Heads22

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be hot all weekend, so the ball will be flying. Key is for our starters to keep the Reds in the yard, they are EXTREMELY home run reliant, so if we can avoid throwing the long ball I like our chances, as we should be able to get the offense going (although, lefties the next 2 days and then Harang start for the Reds, so ugh).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 10:12 AM)
Its time for Freddy to put in a couple of solid starts and lower his ERA a bit.

IIRC freddy is among the top 3 in ERA vs. national league during interleague

Can anyone tell me if Freddy has ever even tried to incorporate MB's style of pitching (i.e., quick & efficient)? Whenever I've seen him pitch it is torturously slow, and as a general rule, I think that less thinking and a more direct "go at 'em" approach works. (Jon, are you listening?)

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
Can anyone tell me if Freddy has ever even tried to incorporate MB's style of pitching (i.e., quick & efficient)? Whenever I've seen him pitch it is torturously slow, and as a general rule, I think that less thinking and a more direct "go at 'em" approach works. (Jon, are you listening?)

He's incorporated his 86 MPH fastball.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
Not if our pitching is up to par. I am worried about the offense with Thome out.

Considering who we're facing, I'm not worried about that.

I'm worried about Freddy serving up gopher balls to Dunn, Griffey, etc.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
Considering who we're facing, I'm not worried about that.

I'm worried about Freddy serving up gopher balls to Dunn, Griffey, etc.

I'm worried. Sorry, I just can't feel comfortable knowing Uribe/Anderson/pitcher are gonna be hitting back-to-back-to-back. Add to that we've got Pods in a serious funk. This is a pretty s***ty time to not be able to use our leading HR/RBI/OBP/OPS guy.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
I'm worried. Sorry, I just can't feel comfortable knowing Uribe/Anderson/pitcher are gonna be hitting back-to-back-to-back. Add to that we've got Pods in a serious funk. This is a pretty s***ty time to not be able to use our leading HR/RBI/OBP/OPS guy.

Thome's also been in a funk for the past couple of weeks. We're going to miss him, but not like we would've at the beginning of the season. Plus, he and the hot-hitting Pablo are going to get their share of pinch-hits.

Agreed that the Uribe/Anderson/P "trio of death" is going to be brutal, though. Ugggh...

With the Sox facing two lefties this weekend do any of you think we'll see Pablo in the starting line-up one of those games with Pods struggling right now? I'm not too confident in Cincy and Freddy pitching tonight. If he manages to not give up the long ball I don't think the Reds will be able to manufacture many runs so the Sox should be able to win.

QUOTE(PaleHose4Life35 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
With the Sox facing two lefties this weekend do any of you think we'll see Pablo in the starting line-up one of those games with Pods struggling right now? I'm not too confident in Cincy and Freddy pitching tonight. If he manages to not give up the long ball I don't think the Reds will be able to manufacture many runs so the Sox should be able to win.

Short answer: Yes.

Perhaps Uribe can keep his front shoulder in and tatoo a couple more balls like he did last night? Granted, the chances seem slim, but if he could just learn to swing under control and remember "up the middle", "up the middle" he might gain some damn consistency.

Maybe even BA can put a hurt on one. Maybe I"ll win the lottery.

uribe,anderson,pitcher,pods in a row, everyone keeps mentioning that, but gooch hasnt been that good either lately. ;) :bringit :gosox3:

(btw, ramirez just hit a hr off zumaya. lemme guess:"he wont hit one off me again" right joel? :rolly )

cmon freddy, lets do this :fight

I don't know how you guys around here do the lineups - but here they are.

REDS

F Lopez SS

B Phillips 2B

K Griffey Jr. CF

R Aurilia 3B

A Dunn LF

A Kearns RF

S Hatteberg 1B

D Ross C

B Claussen P

SOX

S Podsednik LF