Who would you Rather have win

zygoat

Who would you rather have Win  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have win

• Cubs
    • Tigers

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
By the way, I've been excited to hear that Prior might be back Sunday. I hope that he is.

Me, too. I hope he turns out a perfect game on Sunday before he goes back on the DL.

Edited by Contreras' Crew

I'm sorry, but if you are Sox fan and voted for the Tigers, then you have a serious case of Cubphobia. Two or three games in the Cubs favor is not going to make a damn bit of difference in the war between Sox fans and Cub fans. Two or three games in the Tigers favor might make a damn big difference in the battle for the AL Central.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
I am a fan of the White Sox. I will never root for the cubs. If this were the last weekend of the season my answer would be different. We are still in June.

Im not going to try and tell you that you are wrong, your opinion is your opinion. However, I believe we learned last year that the games in June were just as important(if not more important) than the games in late september. I dont want the Cubs to win so that the Cubs and Cubs fans can feel good about themselves, I want the Cubs to win so the Sox can feel good about passing the Tigers by the end of the series.

i think that if you can't "root" for the cubs in this series, and all the series' against AL Central, then there is something wrong. I mean, the cubs are, what, 15 games under .500?? ok, it's not going to be terrible if they win, in fact IT'S GOING TO BE HELPING US!!! all 162 games are important, it can come down to the wire, so we want to gain as much ground as we can!...I'm definately going for the cubs to win these games against the tigers.

:gosox3:

The White Sox have 13 games left with the Tigers. They don't need anyone's help, a championship team takes care of business by itself.

The White Sox fans don't need to support whinny cub fans screaming 'let's go cubbies'. I hope the cub lose every single game they ever play, including against the Tigers or in spring training. I hope every little league team named cub finishes last. I won't shop at cub food. cub fans have tormented me for half a century and I hope they wallow in misery, hopelessness and despair. If the Tigers can add to their woes, so be it.

I voted for the Tigers.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
The White Sox have 13 games left with the Tigers. They don't need anyone's help, a championship team takes care of business by itself.

The White Sox fans don't need to support whinny cub fans screaming 'let's go cubbies'. I hope the cub lose every single game they ever play, including against the Tigers or in spring training. I hope every little league team named cub finishes last. I won't shop at cub food. cub fans have tormented me for half a century and I hope they wallow in misery, hopelessness and despair. If the Tigers can add to their woes, so be it.

I voted for the Tigers.

:notworthy

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)

I voted for the Tigers.

Sorry, but thats just pathetic.

Any team that can help put down a division rival (assuming we win our games) is of assistance to the goal of getting another trophy on the South Side of Chicago. Every game counts.

/hoping Marmol and his Marmol-ades can get it done today against Verlander because it helps the Sox

//Sox fan, not just anti-Cub

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)

I voted for the Tigers.

Id buy you a beer for that post if I could send one through the computer . Nice post man.

You aren't a true Sox fan if you would rather have the Tigers win.

Amen. No brainer here.

Too bad the Cubs are so horses*** they can't win a game in the series.

What a pathetic excuse for a team (and yes I realize they'll probably beat us at

least one of the three we play in their crap park; maybe 2 of 3).

Fine. If the Tigers sweep the Cubs, don't complain if we finish w/in 3 games of the Tigers at the end of the regular season. That's what you'd have wanted.

Exactly, it would be huge if the suckass Cubs could have won the first two

games of that series while we beat Cincy the first two.

It all counts.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, it would be huge if the suckass Cubs could have won the first two

games of that series while we beat Cincy the first two.

It all counts.

You really think the Tigers will be there all season long? First of all they can't beat us or any other good team. Second of all they have a very young pitching staff from top to bottom except for Kenny Rogers. Young pitchers usually break down at the end because they are too tired from pitching such a long season. Young pitchers have never had to pitch 190+ innings in a season until they get to the majors. For instance, Justin Verlander only pitched 120 innnigs last year. He has already pitched close to 90. This is someone that they are counting on in order to compete. Kenny Rogers is known to have bad second halves. He is terrible after the all-star break. For instance last year he was 10-4 with a 2.54 ERA before the All-Star break. After the All-Star break he was 4-4 with a 4.72 ERA. Quite a difference. These are two guys that the Tigers are counting on in order to compete with the White Sox all year long. Not to mention they were 71-91 last year. They would have to have a +28 game improvement to do what the Sox did last year. That would be one of the greatest one year improvements in the history of baseball and very hard to do. The others that improved by that much were terrible teams that became mediocre, such as the 2004 Detroit Tigers who had a +29 game improvement by going 72-90 because they were only 43-119 the year before. So there you have it.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Not to mention they were 71-91 last year. They would have to have a +28 game improvement to do what the Sox did last year. That would be one of the greatest one year improvements in the history of baseball and very hard to do. The others that improved by that much were terrible teams that became mediocre, such as the 2004 Detroit Tigers who had a +29 game improvement by going 72-90 because they were only 43-119 the year before. So there you have it.

Well, they did it before, so obvoiusly they're capable of doing it again.