Was Anderson hurt?

AngelasDaddy0427

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
I noticed Ozzie used Mackoviack as a late inning defense replacement when we had a 3 run lead... So is Ozzie just a complete moron or was Anderson hurt...

I'd hope neither, but only one of those choices is feasible, so if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with BA being hurt.

Ozzie made a similar move in the W.S. in case you didnt remember. (it wasn't the CF position, but you know what I mean.. ;)

He's been in the NL before as a coach and was around some of the best managers around so he knows how that works.

I don't think any of us would rather have Mack instead of BA in CF, but Oz was trying to play National League baseball, out-thinking himself. He probably in hindsight, shoulda realized a 3 run lead in theory SHOULD be safe, and you don't switch, and you DO leave your best defensive team on the field.

At least it didn't cost us.

correct me if im wrong... but...

his rational for putting mack in was so that he would lead off the next inning (and in turn, move the pitcher's batting spot down), but... why couldnt he just leave BA in center, and then pinch hit for the pitcher had there been a problem and Jenks blew the save?

am i missing something, or did oz really just out dumb himself here?

QUOTE(Spiegle @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 02:24 AM)
correct me if im wrong... but...

his rational for putting mack in was so that he would lead off the next inning (and in turn, move the pitcher's batting spot down), but... why couldnt he just leave BA in center, and then pinch hit for the pitcher had there been a problem and Jenks blew the save?

am i missing something, or did oz really just out dumb himself here?

He just totally out smarted himself. If Jenks would have given up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game I'd have no interest in seeing him pitch the 10th. If you have a 3 run lead in the bottom of the 9th you have to put your best defense out there, the last thing you need is a shot to the gap with the bases loaded and the tying/winning run scores because you meaninglessly took out your best defensive player.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)
How did this become everyone's opinion?

No one in this thread even said that, he's making things up with his eyes. Hell, Kalapse even said it was a foolish move.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
No one in this thread even said that, he's making things up with his eyes. Hell, Kalapse even said it was a foolish move.

Yeah, I just want to hear why Jeckle decided that everyone said that