White Sox vs. Cubs July 2 Game Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
Hypothetical?

How many threads would ABOZ have created if this outing was a JG outing?

When does MB get a clever nickname like Judy? After all, he's the pitcher who allows the truly big innings, and never pitches over the defensive lapses behind him.

Because, uh, Buerhle has been incredible for us the past 6 years. His finishes in ERA in the AL:

4th, 13th, 19th, 7th, 3rd, 6th

When you end up with numbers like that and results like that, you can have a bad inning every once in awhile.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
This game is a nightmare. :angry: Being blown out by the Cubs of all people!! The worst I have ever seen Buerhle pitch.

I thought we were getting things going when we cut the Cubs lead to 7-5, then the roof falls in with 4 Cub runs. We're going to need alot of runs to get back in this one.

I had a feeling we were going to lose this game anyway, but i sure didnt see this debacle coming :o

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Personally, watching this team outslug opponents isn't even fun. Some people might like it but that type of style won't win you s*** when it really counts. This team needs better pitching.

And please save your "we're 53-27 BLAH BLAH BLAH..." posts.

We're 53-27 blah blah blah. Complain about this when complaint is actually warranted.

We haven't lost a series in about a month, and a bunch of those teams we faced are going to be playoff teams, including Detroit.

I swear to god, some of you would probably kill yourselves if you were faced with rooting for a team that is ACTUALLY struggling.

Grow a thicker skin, stop projecting three months out, and maybe look back on your posts during August 2005, (during a certain 7 game losing streak), and have a few laughs.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
We're 53-27 blah blah blah. Complain about this when complaint is actually warranted.

We haven't lost a series in about a month, and a bunch of those teams we faced are going to be playoff teams, including Detroit.

I swear to god, some of you would probably kill yourselves if you were faced with rooting for a team that is ACTUALLY struggling.

Grow a thicker skin, stop projecting three months out, and maybe look back on your posts during August 2005, (during a certain 7 game losing streak), and have a few laughs.

I worry what's going to happen when we have a losing streak again.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
Hypothetical?

How many threads would ABOZ have created if this outing was a JG outing?

When does MB get a clever nickname like Judy? After all, he's the pitcher who allows the truly big innings, and never pitches over the defensive lapses behind him.

I call him Martha when these starts happen, maybe that nickname will catch on

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)

Reading is a skill.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
There's a dude with a Cubs jersey on along with a White Sox World Series Champs hat. What the hell???????

One of those low-life bums that supports both teams, I guess. Although I would guess that person didn't become a Sox fan until around October 26, 2005.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
C'mon now. Let's not start comparing Buehrle's body of work with that of Garland. Buehrle got ROCKED today. Period. But he's still Mark Buehrle.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
My god, talk about comparing apples to oranges: maybe when JG has half the career success of MB?

But the two things that Garland has been most derided for in his career are giving up the big inning, and not pitching over poor defensive play. Yet it's Mark Buehrle who has 3 career 7 run first innings now, and is well on his way to his 4th consecutive season allowing double digit unearned runs.

All I'm saying is let's be equitable in our use of lameass nicknames. No free passes!

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
tieing run to the plate in Pittsburgh

COME ON BUCCOS!!!

9-8 now with runners on 1st and 3rd one out. Bottom of the 7th.

Oh well, inning ending DP.

Edited by Big Hurtin