Who Was your favorite wwe/wwf,wcw ect wrestler of all time?

This Should be interesting. I was really into it as a kid. I would go with Hulk Hogan slightly over Warrior.

What About everyone else?

Some of my other favorites include, Brett Hart, Undertaker and shawn michaels.

Edited by rangercal

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite of all time would probably be Jake Roberts or Sabu -- The first for the dramatics, ability to cut fantastic promos, in-ring psychology, gimmick and original finisher. The second for the in-ring tactics and in-ring abilities.

It is so difficult to narrow down and all time fave though that I'm not sure I can really...

Young kid...

Jake Roberts

Randy Savage

Bret Hart

Undertaker

Blue Blazer/Owen Hart

Hogan

Ultimate "Now on the crazy ass ultra-conservative weirdo talk circuit" Warrior

Doink the Clown (before he got Dink, turned face and was bad)

Mick Foley (still remember the WCW WorldWide where he got powerbombed on the concrete by Vader)

Adolescent...

Damn near anybody on the ECW roster. Goddamn did I love me some Hardcore TV

Hall and Nash (the nWo angle made me mark out of my shoes when they first showed up on Nitro)

Great Muta -- hadn't seen many matches at the time but his in-ring ability and gimmick were always really cool to me

Now...

Samoa Joe

Christopher Daniels

TNA's X Division

RVD

Sabu

CM Punk

Then you have the classics like the Steamboats, Flairs, Funks etc. that all hold a highly respected spot in the pantheon of wrestling fandom.

Okay, here I go being an old fart again.....

My favorite all-time wrestler would have to be Nick Bockwinkel. I used to really like his promos, because his thing was that he didn't get all excited and foam at the mouth about how badly he was going to beat someone. He would speak in a very calm, measured tone, to show that he was above the level of his opponents and the fans.

Whenever he DID get all upset about being wronged by an opponent or referee, you paid attention because it was out of character.

In the ring, he was that kind of clever cheat that frustrated the fans, because he'd go 5 or 10 minutes without getting caught by the ref. The fans would be going nuts about it, and Bockwinkel would just be smirking at the fans to make them crazier.

He was truly excellent, and he had the VERY large plus of having Bobby Heenan as his manager.

I also loved his term for the fans - "cretinous humanoids".

:lol:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 03:45 AM)
Okay, here I go being an old fart again.....

My favorite all-time wrestler would have to be Nick Bockwinkel. I used to really like his promos, because his thing was that he didn't get all excited and foam at the mouth about how badly he was going to beat someone. He would speak in a very calm, measured tone, to show that he was above the level of his opponents and the fans.

Whenever he DID get all upset about being wronged by an opponent or referee, you paid attention because it was out of character.

In the ring, he was that kind of clever cheat that frustrated the fans, because he'd go 5 or 10 minutes without getting caught by the ref. The fans would be going nuts about it, and Bockwinkel would just be smirking at the fans to make them crazier.

He was truly excellent, and he had the VERY large plus of having Bobby Heenan as his manager.

I also loved his term for the fans - "cretinous humanoids".

:lol:

Ah, the Brain! Man, we could almost have another thread for "Favorite manager" from pro wrestling.

All Time Favorite: Stone Cold Steve Austin (he was what everyone wanted to be, the anti-establishment, rebel against your boss at any cost beer drinking ass kicker)

Other favorites:

The Ultimate Warrior (hated his run in WCW though)

The Road Warriors

Bret Hart

Mr. Perfect

HBK

Tazz

Cactus Jack (hated all his other gimmicks)

Golddust

Chris Jericho

Brock Lesnar

hulk, andre the giant, the bushwhackers, hacksaw jim duggan, ricky the dragon steamboat, the rock, mick folley...

as you can tell by most of my picks i really haven't watched much wrestling since the mid 90s. and when i do watch it now its usually for a laugh...

When I was younger and watched wrestling, my favorites were:

D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels, XPac, HHH, Bad Ass Billy Gun, etc.), Booker-T, Mankind Mick Foley, Rey Mysterio Jr., The Rock, Undertaker, Sting, nWo Wolfpac (Kevin Nash, Lex Luger, Scott Hall, etc.), and Stone Cold Steve Austin, among others.

Edited by SoxFan1