I have had enough with Chris Widger

santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
....and the streak of a White Sox pitcher not having a quality start with Widger behind the plate continues.

Last time it happened: June 15th, Buehrle against the Rangers

Time before that, Garcia against the Scrubs (a team he owns.) on May 20th

Conicidence? :huh

Thats just horrible. His .194 batting is not too good either.

So what exactly does Widger do for the Sox?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Thats just horrible. His .194 batting is not too good either.

So what exactly does Widger do for the Sox?

Does he speak any foreign languages? Maybe he's someones translator.

QUOTE(needauribe @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
Hire a bouncer from the biggest dive bar in Portage, IN to stroke Widge in the face after every bad call. I seriously think this will solve the problem and hope my post doesn't violate the zero tolerance policy.

It's certainly tasteless.

QUOTE(needauribe @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
Hire a bouncer from the biggest dive bar in Portage, IN to stroke Widge in the face after every bad call. I seriously think this will solve the problem and hope my post doesn't violate the zero tolerance policy.

The bars in Portage actually use bouncers these days?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:55 AM)
Actually, that usually means he's gone in the near future.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:56 AM)
That mean's he's gone, in all honesty.

I'm well aware of the scary past connection players have had to the player rep label (Shoenweiss we hardly new ye). I'm trying to think positively here guys. <_>

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
I'm well aware of the scary past connection players have had to the player rep label (Shoenweiss we hardly new ye). I'm trying to think positively here guys. <_>

Chris Stewart is a decent option, but he is unfamiliar with our starters so it would be odd to call him up. Plus you don't exactly expect a rookie to come up and call a tremendous game, although is very good defensively and I think he'll be our new backup catcher at the end of the season.

Also, Sandy Alomar may be waived by the Dodgers in the coming days. Thats another option and I always felt he called a decent game, but he's not much of a hitter anymore and can't throw out a runner to save his life.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:17 AM)
Chris Stewart is a decent option, but he is unfamiliar with our starters so it would be odd to call him up. Plus you don't exactly expect a rookie to come up and call a tremendous game, although is very good defensively and I think he'll be our new backup catcher at the end of the season.

Also, Sandy Alomar may be waived by the Dodgers in the coming days. Thats another option and I always felt he called a decent game, but he's not much of a hitter anymore and can't throw out a runner to save his life.

he is hitting .339 ;)

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
he is hitting .339 ;)

Don't let that avg fool you, although Stewart has made a ton of strides as of late at the minor league level, but he's still not what you'd consider an offensive catcher nor do I think he'd hit more than .250 at the major league level (especially not right away) but he's made strides, works hard, and would be our best catcher defensively (in terms of blocking the plate and throwing runners out; AJ would be the best at working with the pitchers).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
Don't let that avg fool you, although Stewart has made a ton of strides as of late at the minor league level, but he's still not what you'd consider an offensive catcher nor do I think he'd hit more than .250 at the major league level (especially not right away) but he's made strides, works hard, and would be our best catcher defensively (in terms of blocking the plate and throwing runners out; AJ would be the best at working with the pitchers).

I know. I was just kidding. The man is 40. I think he will have to start duct taping his knee joints together soon. But would not mind him. He can call a good game.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
I know. I was just kidding. The man is 40. I think he will have to start duct taping his knee joints together soon. But would not mind him. He can call a good game.

OH, you were talking about Alomar and ya I think he'd be an upgrade and would fit in fine with the team (clubhouse wise). I was thinking that was Stewarts avg and was kind of stunned that it was that high cause before I went out of town I swore it was around .280 or so.

Alomar now...Stewart in September (get his feet wet, plus a 3rd catcher gives Ozz some flexibility) and than turn things over to Stewart next year with Alomar hopefully retiring with a Sox world series ring :)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
Alomar now...Stewart in September (get his feet wet, plus a 3rd catcher gives Ozz some flexibility) and than turn things over to Stewart next year with Alomar hopefully retiring with a Sox world series ring :)

I would be all for that. whatever gets widge OUT.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:29 AM)
How do our starters fair when widger starts?

to be fair, when Widge is in the Lineup, so is Pablo, Cintron and Mack (interchange with BA, makes no difference) on average... not a high powered lineup exactly

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
to be fair, when Widge is in the Lineup, so is Pablo, Cintron and Mack (interchange with BA, makes no difference) on average... not a high powered lineup exactly

Have the Sox ever started Pablo, Cintron, Mack, and Widger in the same game? 4 bench players. I know Ozzie does a combination of 2 or 3 of them, but I don't remember 4 of them starting the game together.

Either way, that has nothing to do with his own stats.