Sunday Yankees vs Whitesox 7/16/06 Gamethread

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
Game over, first series sweep since last year.

Yep, this game is over. There is absolutely no way this team can come back from 2 runs down in the first inning. Its just downright impossible.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
Our pitching staff is so freaking over-rated right now. They've went all season without performing and therefor they dont' deserve to be mentioned amongst the league's best.

Freddy has been better as of late, but he's not excatly been impressive (ERA around 5). Buehrle has been s*** as of late and a low 4's ERA is nothing to brag about. Vazquez has been horrid after a good starter while Garland has made some major progress and Count has been our ace.

We have 1 good pitcher at this point and its a shock we are as close to the Tigers as we are. Just look at there rotation and how its produced mixed with a pretty impressive offense. How we are within 4.5 games is beyond me. Thankfully our offense has been ridiculous but I have no problem making a major move that deals one of our underachieving turds for a pitcher thats performing.

It's quite simple...unless these pitchers step it up, we're not going to the postseason.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
Yep, this game is over. There is absolutely no way this team can come back from 2 runs down in the first inning. Its just downright impossible.

We can score, problem is they'll score more.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
It's quite simple...unless these pitchers step it up, we're not going to the postseason.

I'd prefer to say we aren't going anywhere in the post-season. But ya this offense can't continue to carry the team. IT needs consistent pitching, during our win streak it looked like it was coming around but than they fell back off the ledge.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
Ugh, I don't even want to trade this guy. Let's just DFA. Whos going to want to trade for a 90 MPH fast baller?

Stop posting, just stop hitting the god damn button.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
We can score, problem is they'll score more.

Yes, but saying the game is over after less than a full inning has been played is just downright foolish.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)
Jeez, that was in the same f***ing spot.

Does anyone think Ozzie or someone talks to Freddy about his first inning nonsense?

I think that everyone in the organization knows something is going on with Garcia. At what point do you wonder if he was on steroids/HGH in the past?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
Yet some people still think that's not enough of a return.

Those are people who still think we're going to see the greatest rotation in history come around. I don't care about career averages or trends...all you have to do is watch Garcia pitch, and he's just begging to get crushed in his starts.