Keepin' that Motown Mojo = Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 06:13 PM)
If we weren't paying Javy so much, I'd say he'd make a great bullpen pitcher with his stuff.

POSS-I-BIL-I-TIES

He may be throwing out of the pen if we make it to the post-season. That said I really think he's going to be a key piece to this team down the stretch and his success (or failure) is going to really be a key factor in the Sox success (or failure).

After all the slamming I've done I got to admit I actually have some faith in Javy over the 2nd half of the season, even with tonights start.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
He didn't call a curveball. He called the slider that everybody is clammoring for. He just hung the hell outta it.

Looked like a curve to me. Anyways, I was just thinking earlier that AJ has called a lot of curves for Javy with 2 strikes..probably because Javy really does love that pitch. I'm not pinning blame on AJ, just saying that if Widger is behind the plate, he gets torched like hell on here.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Jason I have it on the local feed but if ESPN was talking about that then they nailed it.

That's exactly what he does, it's always a brutal pitch with runners on and it's always a hanging breaking ball of some sort. Easy for me but I was sitting here saying "go in on his hands, go in on his hands", i.e. with the fastball. Hawk and DJ were saying go outside and take a little off the slider and as it turns out they were right because Monroe was looking middle-in.

And usually that's what it is on a hanging breaking pitch, the arm is dragging through the delivery, the finish is high and therefore the pitch stays up.

Either way, bad luck or not, the time for analysis is over. We are trying to stay in a pennant race and this guy has got to perform. Granted there were a few bloops etc. but he has got to make a better pitch than he did. One of the worst pitches in a key situation of the whole 2006 season, if not the worst.

Very good analysis. Monroe has a slider-speed bat, and a good fastball up and in would have got him. Another problem Vazquez has had this year is that for a control pitcher, he has bad control when he tries to bust a guy in.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Looked like a curve to me. Anyways, I was just thinking earlier that AJ has called a lot of curves for Javy with 2 strikes..probably because Javy really does love that pitch. I'm not pinning blame on AJ, just saying that if Widger is behind the plate, he gets torched the hell out of on here.

Scooter said it was a slider.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Yes, Bonderman is right handed with good stuff. That's it, no good reason.

Its about time Ozzie gets it through his skull that everytime he puts Mack in CF there is a play that isn't made that costs the Sox runs. Its amazing. You would think there would be a fair share of games with nothing but routine plays for the CF.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
I didnt agree with the move before the game started, BA needs to be out there every game this series.

the main reason they put mack in cf is because theres a "tough rhp" i thought that ozzies philosophy was pitching and defense. if that were true he wouldnt put mack in cf. we were all excited to get mack because he can play so many positions, yet we just use him in cf. :huh

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
Looked like a curve to me. Anyways, I was just thinking earlier that AJ has called a lot of curves for Javy with 2 strikes..probably because Javy really does love that pitch. I'm not pinning blame on AJ, just saying that if Widger is behind the plate, he gets torched like hell on here.

Of course, we all know their are certain whipping boys on the team. If that was a slider, then that really was a brutal pitch. There was virtually no tilt on that pitch at all.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Not really. I mean, he pitched extremely well except for one pitch. Im dissapointed in the runs, but the sweat on his hand that caused him to hang the pitch sucks.

i understand what u mean but in the end, its still 5 runs, no matter how u slice it.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Vazquez's bad innings are so predictable it's almost freightening.

Usually a missed strikeout call, shoddy defense, or a soft hits begins a parade of runs. Funny how these situations always seems to find Vazquez around the middle innings. I don't believe it's a coincidence. Since lineups usually hit him well the 3rd time around, better contact is made. Thus, more opportunities for a misplay or bloopers occurs.

Let's not avert attention off of that goof on the mound. At some point, you have to look past his stuff and realize this guy has little testicular fortitude.

That pretty much sums it all up.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
Sorry i thought Javy pitched great.... you guys can get all shorts in a bunch over some seeing eye hits and bad defense.... I really dont care...

I dunno why AJ didnt call an inside FB... but whatever

Vazquez might be the most well-thought of bad pitcher I've ever seen.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Sorry i thought Javy pitched great.... you guys can get all shorts in a bunch over some seeing eye hits and bad defense.... I really dont care...

I dunno why AJ didnt call an inside FB... but whatever

well it was thw wrong pitch in the situation and Monroe just left his hands back enough. It sucks too because their lineup is mostly dead pull hitters, so in that situation something outside would have been best.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
Not really. I mean, he pitched extremely well except for one pitch. Im dissapointed in the runs, but the sweat on his hand that caused him to hang the pitch sucks.

It's called a rosen bag ....... no excuse ....... he ususally finds a way to blow it, despite his superior stuff.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
Jason I have it on the local feed but if ESPN was talking about that then they nailed it.

That's exactly what he does, it's always a brutal pitch with runners on and it's always a hanging breaking ball of some sort. Easy for me but I was sitting here saying "go in on his hands, go in on his hands", i.e. with the fastball. Hawk and DJ were saying go outside and take a little off the slider and as it turns out they were right because Monroe was looking middle-in.

And usually that's what it is on a hanging breaking pitch, the arm is dragging through the delivery, the finish is high and therefore the pitch stays up.

Either way, bad luck or not, the time for analysis is over. We are trying to stay in a pennant race and this guy has got to perform. Granted there were a few bloops etc. but he has got to make a better pitch than he did. One of the worst pitches in a key situation of the whole 2006 season, if not the worst.

Ya thats exactly what they were talking about and it is really noticeable. Of course once the bases were loaded he was able to use the higher leg kick and you saw better breaking balls, with the exception to the two or three he over threw. One of which was that awful hanger that should have been thrown outside.

The whole world knows that Monroe and Thames are dead pull hitters that can't hit down and away breaking balls yet Javy threw the ball in the one spot where Monroe can really club the ball and since it was a hanging slider its hard enough that even if he was swinging for a fastball he's still gonna get plenty of wood on it and drive the ball.

I still say Vazzy pitched a good game tonight.

Bonderman is smoking our ass. Vazzy's mistake happened to be with 3 men on base.

Not good, but an outing to build on.

Fathom I understand your frustration about Vazzy and some of our arms this year, but have you

looked around baseball?

Except for the Tigers, whose staff has been pretty awesome, there are some rag arms out there.

I seriously doubt McCarthy would be dominating this year either, if he was starting.

Baseball is full of some really horses*** pitchers.

Do you at least agree on that account?

If it wasn't Vazzy and Freddie sucking, it'd just be somebody else.

You ain't gonna find 5 reliable starters, no way.