Keepin' that Motown Mojo = Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
i bet they were gone pretty fast...no reason for a tigers fan to be where sox fans convene. If i wanted your perspective, id go to your site.

Didn't you read the message from Jason? Let it go and put him on ignore if it bothers you so much.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
oh but didnt gooch and pods get only 1 hit combined yesterday or something as well as sucking today?

Iguchi's not playing today. The Sox seem concerned that his ankle hasn't healed quickly from his collision over two weeks ago.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Ozzie certainly has a short leash on his relievers (I agree with these moves) I wonder why he doesn't do it more often with his starters.

In fact I remember Guillen talking about pulling Vazquez before the 6th or 7th if he was having the tendency to give up "The big inning"

Well Dr. Guillen's prescription for Judy Garland Syndrome is to pat them on the back.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
That's the thing with Vazquez...he can go from great to awful in a matter of 10 pitches. He had a terrific bottom of the 5th, and I was going to say how impressive it was, but I was scared to jinx him. I still have more confidence in him than I do Garcia.

Bingo ....... at least he has the stuff. He has enough to make hitters anxious. When Garcia is in ....... just remain calm ...... you'll get a good one to hit.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
Javy doesn't know how to step it up under tight situations. I don't care if his stuff is 'good' or not. He cant cut the mustard. Get him out of here now.

Alright, I'm pissed at the way Javy has performed this half of the season as well, but remember that Count was having these same types of problems last year at the All-Star break. Rome wasn't built in a day so hoprfully Javy still has time this year to fix his mechanical problems in bad spots (I watched the local feed, but it sounds like he does have fixable mechanical problems). Hopefully Javy turns into a dependable member of the rotation at some point this season (assuming he isnt traded)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
I really don't think Javy is going anywhere either but I've definitely read different. We'll see, all I know is I want Brandon in the rotation one way or another.

I've also read about Jon Garland going to the Mets. You got to be careful and filter through some stuff. Kenny isn't stupid and he's not about to admit a mistake by moving Javy. I know from what I heard they were really optimistic around the break about Javy coming out and really having a big 2nd half.

I think Coop feels he's about to turn the corner and develop into the guy he was in Montreal.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Ozzie certainly has a short leash on his relievers (I agree with these moves) I wonder why he doesn't do it more often with his starters.

In fact I remember Guillen talking about pulling Vazquez before the 6th or 7th if he was having the tendency to give up "The big inning"

once they got the first two runners aboard, i wanted ozzie to pull javy. i just knew he wouldnt get out of it. i knew it was time for his big inning.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
Alright, I'm pissed at the way Javy has performed this half of the season as well, but remember that Count was having these same types of problems last year at the All-Star break. Rome wasn't built in a day so hoprfully Javy still has time this year to fix his mechanical problems in bad spots (I watched the local feed, but it sounds like he does have fixable mechanical problems). Hopefully Javy turns into a dependable member of the rotation at some point this season (assuming he isnt traded)

Jose didn't have a 5.20 ERA at any time last year.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
agree with you 100% that his success or failure will go a long way in determining how the White Sox do and where they end up. But I think they are at their wits end with these horrible pitches at exactly the wrong time. It is the antithesis of what winning teams do. If you can't redouble your focus at a key time like that, there's a problem. Maybe Guillen needs a shorter leash on this guy, I don't know.

Why can't people realize this? What does it say for Vazquez to only give up 2 base hits in five innings, than in ONE absolutely implode, give up several hits, and surrender a grand slam?

As I indicated earlier, lineups hit him well a third time around. It may be Detroit caught up, but I'm more willing to believe Javy thought several plays behind him should have been made and lost concentration. This has happened repeatively.

If I'm irritated, I can only imagine how Williams and company are feeling. Listening to Hawk/DJ brush it off as "oh well, he pitched well and had one bad inning; need to avoid it." frustrates me to no end. Certain times I just want to hear honest criticism from our broadcasters, as I did in New York. Question why Javy has a problem with the big inning? Is it bad luck, or more?

If someone created a drinking game during Vazquez's starts with the words, "big inning" and "hanging slider" there would be several dead people by the 5th inning.

Jesus Christ, Dye. That's f***ing embarrassing.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
Iguchi's not playing today. The Sox seem concerned that his ankle hasn't healed quickly from his collision over two weeks ago.

oh yea, i forgot. ok so basically the 1-2 hitters have sucked these first two games

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
Javy doesn't know how to step it up under tight situations. I don't care if his stuff is 'good' or not. He cant cut the mustard. Get him out of here now.

I really don't think thats it. I used to think it was the case but I saw enough reaction out of him to show that he does care. I have called the guy a "sissy" quite often and have went with the idea that he's scared on the mound at times.

But really what he does is he gets overly eager and tries to over-throw. This works badly because he doesn't have the leg kick so his arm gets out of whack with his body and resulting to hanging the ball. Plus when he's overthrowing a breaking ball as is (even when he has his high leg kick which naturally keeps his arm more in check) he's going to roll it over because when you throw it too good (as Hersh mentioned on the telecast) you end up getting it to hang cause the ball doesn't get the desired spin.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
s***ting yourself at the hint of a pressure situation doesn't bode well for the playoffs...

Ya, like game 7 of the 04 alcs.

BTW, supposedly there is 2 waves going around at Comerica now. That must be fun.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
Widger has been beyond brutal. Game calling is only part of his weakness.

I seriously can't remember the last time Widger got a hit. But get this....he's playing tomorrow!

Edited by fathom