Keepin' that Motown Mojo = Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Get the f***in tigers fans out of the game thread, i thought the deal was to keep them in their f***in thread............

Jesus Christ.

Funny how everyone goes nuts when something bad happens.

It's okay, Tigers, you can stay. It's not like you're saying much, anyway. :) :britishflag:

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
So Vazquez deserves a pat on the bat for giving up 5 runs in 6 innings in a huge game for the Sox? Sorry, but I expect more from a 11 million dollar pitcher. Can we just save him to pitch against the Indians and Royals the rest of the year?

I have a better idea. Stick him in the back of the bullpen where he never sees the light of day except for a games that are blow outs. I don't think any sane team would trade for him.

Bob

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
I say this respectively, but Ozzie/KW got greedy when they added him. They got addicted to the thought of "the greatest rotation ever". I highly doubt they would have made the trade if they knew Garland/Contereras would re-sign.

They wouldn't have made that trade. That's not being greedy though, that's being smart. They saw something in Vaz they thought they could fix, unfortunately Coop ain't a brain surgeon. Kenny wanted at least 4 starters for next season including Mac and it ended up that Jon and JC re-signed(thank god).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
This was actually one of his best games, sans that inning. I realize the inning counts and this type of inning has completely hampered Javy but I really think we are about to see him turn the corner.

I say this with all due respect, but that's the same thing that general managers keep thinking, and they get stuck with a high-priced pitcher who can't win the big game.

I think ESPN did a nice job talking about the leg kick though and I'm sure Coop is doing what he can to help Javy with runners on so his arm can catch up.

Jason I have it on the local feed but if ESPN was talking about that then they nailed it.

That's exactly what he does, it's always a brutal pitch with runners on and it's always a hanging breaking ball of some sort. Easy for me but I was sitting here saying "go in on his hands, go in on his hands", i.e. with the fastball. Hawk and DJ were saying go outside and take a little off the slider and as it turns out they were right because Monroe was looking middle-in.

And usually that's what it is on a hanging breaking pitch, the arm is dragging through the delivery, the finish is high and therefore the pitch stays up.

Either way, bad luck or not, the time for analysis is over. We are trying to stay in a pennant race and this guy has got to perform. Granted there were a few bloops etc. but he has got to make a better pitch than he did. One of the worst pitches in a key situation of the whole 2006 season, if not the worst.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Jesus Christ.

Funny how everyone goes nuts when something bad happens.

It's okay, Tigers, you can stay. It's not like you're saying much, anyway. :) :britishflag:

Yeah, they're a lot more tame than they were a month or so ago.

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
guys i missed the earlier discussion, but was there a good reason as to why Mack was in CF instead of Anderson?

Yes, Bonderman is right handed with good stuff. That's it, no good reason.

Edited by Rowand44

no the site is called soxtalk

go to motown sports.

Grow up, dude......I haven't seen any disrespectful posts here from any Tigers fan.....I understand you're pissed....just like we were last night.........s*** happens.....

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
Well I will say that AJ has to stop calling that damn curveball. If Widger was behind the plate tonight there would be about a million threads about how bad he is. That being said, Vaz can't execute a pitch in a big situation..just ask the yankees.

He didn't call a curveball. He called the slider that everybody is clammoring for. He just hung the hell outta it.

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
guys i missed the earlier discussion, but was there a good reason as to why Mack was in CF instead of Anderson?

I didnt agree with the move before the game started, BA needs to be out there every game this series.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Well I will say that AJ has to stop calling that damn curveball. If Widger was behind the plate tonight there would be about a million threads about how bad he is. That being said, Vaz can't execute a pitch in a big situation..just ask the yankees.

I think you're right about that. I mentioned earlier that AJ called for a bad pitch and Javy obliged!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
I say this respectively, but Ozzie/KW got greedy when they added him. They got addicted to the thought of "the greatest rotation ever". I highly doubt they would have made the trade if they knew Garland/Contereras would re-sign.

I have to buy into the whole leverage argument, but if they could have fast-forwarded a few weeks and seen Garland and than Contreras resign we wouldn't have made the move. Instead we'd probably have pawned Duque off to some team and than tried to pick up a swingman that could enter the rotation if any of our guys got hurt or faltered with Bmac in the 5th spot.

Vazquez's bad innings are so predictable it's almost freightening.

Usually a missed strikeout call, shoddy defense, or a soft hits begins a parade of runs. Funny how these situations always seems to find Vazquez around the middle innings. I don't believe it's a coincidence. Since lineups usually hit him well the 3rd time around, better contact is made. Thus, more opportunities for a misplay or bloopers occurs.

Let's not avert attention off of that goof on the mound. At some point, you have to look past his stuff and realize this guy has little testicular fortitude.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
jeez, who the f' cares if they were bloop hits, "should have been caught" hits,etc. 5 runs is 5 runs.

Not really. I mean, he pitched extremely well except for one pitch. Im dissapointed in the runs, but the sweat on his hand that caused him to hang the pitch sucks.