Keepin' that Motown Mojo = Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Part of it has to do with Pierzynski calling for the wrong pitches at the wrong time.

Your boy craps his Kip Wells training pants giving up a lead-changing grand slam, and you deflect blame to the man calling the pitch.

You have a point though, but you still have to admit your belief that Javy Vazquez is good is complete balderdash.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
We have no idea if Kenny is reluctant to trade Javy. From everything I've read, he's been shopping him.

I would be very very shocked if Javy is moved. If the right deal came along sure...but this team is not actively shopping him like it is another starter.

*HINT* GARCIA */HINT*

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:20 AM)
Well Jason if we step back and take the emotion out of it, you are right, he pitched 5 good innings. Personally I expect a little more than that, I would like to see seven good innings.

I agree with you 100% that his success or failure will go a long way in determining how the White Sox do and where they end up. But I think they are at their wits end with these horrible pitches at exactly the wrong time. It is the antithesis of what winning teams do. If you can't redouble your focus at a key time like that, there's a problem. Maybe Guillen needs a shorter leash on this guy, I don't know.

That's the thing with Vazquez...he can go from great to awful in a matter of 10 pitches. He had a terrific bottom of the 5th, and I was going to say how impressive it was, but I was scared to jinx him. I still have more confidence in him than I do Garcia.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
why is it that kenny is reluctant to trade javy?i dont care if pitching is very valuable,etc. he plain and simple sux. u have to trade this guy. shoot, i dont care if it were to a team that we could face in the playoffs or something. i would love it if the sox faced this guy...

KW is probably very reluctant to trade him because he's only been around 3 months and they have invested heavily in him in terms of what he is paid, and the talent they had to surrender to get him. I don't think moving Vazquez is a thought in KW's mind right now unless somebody calls with an outrageously generous offer which, after his performance the past 2 1/2 seasons and his contract, is not likely.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
what pods and gooch, including yesterday? yea, im getting sick of pods too. this guy is so incosistent, plus he has health issues sometimes

No, that's what Pods is against the Tigers this year.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your boy craps his Kip Wells training pants giving up a lead-changing grand slam, and you deflect blame to the man calling the pitch.

You have a point though, but you still have to admit your belief that Javy Vazquez is good is complete balderdash.

Didn't you just say you weren't watching the game?

Your opinion is meaningless.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
I would be very very shocked if Javy is moved. If the right deal came along sure...but this team is not actively shopping him like it is another starter.

*HINT* GARCIA */HINT*

I really don't think Javy is going anywhere either but I've definitely read different. We'll see, all I know is I want Brandon in the rotation one way or another.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
We have no idea if Kenny is reluctant to trade Javy. From everything I've read, he's been shopping him.

those are rumors..funny how we just happened to be playing in ny at the time...from what ive heard from ozzie and kenny, they have no intentions what so ever to trade a starter or position player. i dunno, to me, javy is 110% useless to this org. ...but ozzie did say that he and kenny talk about the players alot...

Edited by Melissa1334

The pitching in the AL may be a "lot deeper," but I still challenge you to look at every AL

roster and you'll see some crap in the rotation save for Detroit.

I realize the Sox should do better, and all that, but c'mon.

Vazzy isn't worth the money he's getting obviously, so maybe he should be dealt, but he's

as good or better than what most teams are putting on the mound in their 3-5 slots.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
those are rumors..funy how we just happened to be playing in ny at the time...from what ive heard from ozzie and kenny, they have no intentions what so ever to trade a starter or position player. i dunno, to me, javy is 110% useless to this org. ...but ozzie did say that he and kenny talk about the players alot...

Don't believe a single thing you hear from KW/Ozzie in the media the next 10 days.

Ozzie certainly has a short leash on his relievers (I agree with these moves) I wonder why he doesn't do it more often with his starters.

In fact I remember Guillen talking about pulling Vazquez before the 6th or 7th if he was having the tendency to give up "The big inning"

*HINT* GARCIA */HINT*

Ok kid, spill the beans. Fess up there Jason.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
Well Jason if we step back and take the emotion out of it, you are right, he pitched 5 good innings. Personally I expect a little more than that, I would like to see seven good innings.

I agree with you 100% that his success or failure will go a long way in determining how the White Sox do and where they end up. But I think they are at their wits end with these horrible pitches at exactly the wrong time. It is the antithesis of what winning teams do. If you can't redouble your focus at a key time like that, there's a problem. Maybe Guillen needs a shorter leash on this guy, I don't know.

Earlier this year Ozzie shortened the leash on Jon and recently he seems to be getting readjusted to letting Jon going a little longer once again. Maybe thats necessary for Javy. Honestly I think its just a matter of him being willing to work with Coop and get that kick down. He struggles massively once runners gets on and I really think its due to the leg kick and how it leads to him flattening up his breaking pitches.

I've also noticed when he's pitching with runners on he really seems to go away from the fastball and gets overly predicatable.

Ya, its definately frustrating, but in the big picture its just another reason why I really do think the Sox feel they are that much closer. You could even see Javy out there slowly adjusting his delivery with runners on so I do think he finally gets it and realizes he needs to make the adjustments to get back to what he once was.

Javy isn't going to be going anywhere and since Freddy hasn't shown us any reason to be optimistic (unless he starts throwing like he did the final couple innings against the Yanks) we are gonna need a guy like Javy to pitch strong cause if we make the post-season he'll probably be one of the 4 guys toeing the rubber.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
AJ may be calling the wrong pitches, but its Vazquez's game, and he can always shake him off.

Once again, I want to say that I'm in no way blaming AJ. Just people go nuts after Widge for less. Now back to your regularly scheduled Javy bashing.