And That's A White Sox Loss

Flash Tizzle

Soriano discussions need to end, immediately.

Our offense hasn't helped us, obviously, but inconsistent starting pitching will not carry our club to the playoffs.

Besides Detroit losing and Minnesota forgetting how to throw a baseball, another team I'm rooting for these next several games is the Cubs. I'm hoping their pathetic ballclub continues hitting Mets pitching to perhaps create urgency in Minaya to deal for Garcia. Someone, PLEASE overpay for him :pray

Oh, and that one guy Santana is pitching tomorrow. I'm certain we can expect domination, and perhaps a 8.5 game deficit in the division; 1 in the wildcard.

Well, this may have been a bit premature.....

Points still remain. :D :)

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This offense certainly could use a boost. The whole team is just going through the motions. All I know is that when your offense is struggling, and you face a team with a great bullpen, you need to manage with a greater since of urgency. Vazquez has now allowed 35 runs in 30 innings after 75 pitches.

I would like to pray for Ozzie and hope he overcomes his bouts with insanity. Only a fool or someone insane starts Javy in the 7th after he gave up the back to back dongs and lost the lead before you could blink.

Heres comes the pink fuzzy bunny Rongey to tell us everything is all right.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
This offense certainly could use a boost. The whole team is just going through the motions. All I know is that when your offense is struggling, and you face a team with a great bullpen, you need to manage with a greater since of urgency. Vazquez has now allowed 35 runs in 30 innings after 75 pitches.

Our offense could use a boost, but I wouldn't consider trading for Soriano if it involves (which it certaintly would) McCarthy. Subtracting from pitching to improve our offense, which isn't the main concern, wouldn't be a move I'd endorse. Trading Garcia is likely more practical, since Vazquez carries a hefty price tag and was recently traded for. Don't believe Williams is willing to give up on him just yet.

Why can't another team just make it easy on us and trade for Garcia? :crying

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
On Espnnews alert window, it says CHW close to Soriano trade............I hope so

I see it, too. Looks like it might actually happen.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
That's probably been there for 7 hours.

I hadn't seen it up there until now.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
I want want want Vazquez flipped with McCarthy. That'd go a longer way to solving our problems than anything else I can think of.

You have to believe that's gonna happen soon. Even if Vaz isn't traded. I mean, our coaching staff isn't that stubborn and unintelligent, is it?

isn't the sox bullpen the least used in mlb? maybe Ozzie has finally come to the realization Vazquez is money for the first two times though the order, but after that he isn't, so seeing how Vazquez is our 5th starter even though hes getting paid like a 1 he should pull him after the 5/6th

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
You have to believe that's gonna happen soon. Even if Vaz isn't traded. I mean, our coaching staff isn't that stubborn and unintelligent, is it?

Duque and the White Sox were both nearly on their death bed before Ozzie decided to go with McCarthy. And Duque didn't have Vazquez's stuff, his salary, nor did he cost what it took to get Vazquez on the team in terms of talent.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
isn't the sox bullpen the least used in mlb? maybe Ozzie has finally come to the realization Vazquez is money for the first two times though the order, but after that he isn't, so seeing how Vazquez is our 5th starter even though hes getting paid like a 1 he should pull him after the 5/6th

Nope this will repeat again.

I guarentee that Javy will be cruising through, and will hit the 6th, Ozzie will think he finally got over the hump. And then 7 runs later we lose.

We have to get Soriano..

Since the all star break weve scored 5,3,4,7,2,1,3,1,5,4

Im tired of hearing about our offense being so great theres no need to do anything. We are basically struggling all around right now adding a bat like Sorianos would be a huge addition to this lineup. Wed have another base stealer (Since Pods has decided to suck at it lately) while adding another HR threat in the process.

I really dont care if it costs Bmac its obvious he isnt going to see the rotation this year, im with Kenny. I want to win now, and I am HOPING that we can land Soriano.

The best case scenario IMO is they accept a package of Fields, Broadway, and another good spect leaving BMac out of this deal. Honestly who else can offer a young MLB ready SP? Zumaya is only one that comes to mind for me that would be the same level as BMac and I doubt the Tigers are going to move him. We give them 3 real good prospects and I think we might be able to get it done without BMac involved.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
I want want want Vazquez flipped with McCarthy. That'd go a longer way to solving our problems than anything else I can think of.

Yeah, it would be. Vaz would be pretty good in the pen, and BMAC is an improvement for the rotation. BMAC Garland and the Count can carry a team for a while if neccessary.