8/11 @ 7:35 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

seeing as we won my last game-thread I'll keep the run going for tonight

contreras needs to step up big tonight, and the offense needs to prove that Verlander isn't superhuman

if we have any sliver of hope left in winning the division this series has to be swept, otherwise it's the wildcard.

I'm going to the game, so I hope they put on a good show

:gosox1:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Verlander Vs the Sox this season:

2 GS (0-2) 8.2 IP, 14 H, 11 ER, 4 HR, 3 BB, 4 K | 11.42 ERA, 1.96 WHIP, .368 BAA

Contreras Vs the Tigers this season:

3 GS (2-1) 22 IP, 19 H, 5 ER, 2 HR, 6 BB, 7 K | 2.05 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, .232 BAA

The matchup is too damn perfect, this scares the piss out of me.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
Verlander Vs the Sox this season:

2 GS (0-2) 8.2 IP, 14 H, 11 ER, 4 HR, 3 BB, 4 K | 11.42 ERA, 1.96 WHIP, .368 BAA

Contreras Vs the Tigers this season:

3 GS (2-1) 22 IP, 19 H, 5 ER, 2 HR, 6 BB, 7 K | 2.05 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, .232 BAA

The matchup is too damn perfect, this scares the piss out of me.

I didn't realize it was that lopsided. I gotta say it scares me too.....

Ah well....

Let's go Count, get your s*** back in line and lets take game one.....

:gosox2:

I think this is a huge game... and period of our season.

It would take a lot of pressure off Buehrle for tomorrow and put us in the driver's seat for another series win. If we keep winning every series we will make the playoffs.

Beating the Tiger's ace will also do wonders for momentum within the division and hopefully boost our confidence even more. If we still have eyes on the division (we should) we must win this game.

Hopefully, Jose will pitch a dominating complete game shut out!

QUOTE(SoxnGiants @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)
I think this is a huge game... and period of our season.

It would take a lot of pressure off Buehrle for tomorrow and put us in the driver's seat for another series win. If we keep winning every series we will make the playoffs.

Beating the Tiger's ace will also do wonders for momentum within the division and hopefully boost our confidence even more. If we still have eyes on the division (we should) we must win this game.

Hopefully, Jose will pitch a dominating complete game shut out!

Not to mention the psyche of the tigers. If we take 2-3 or sweep we'll be 8-4 or 9-3 and they'll start feeling that they just can't seem to beat the World Champs. If we can get them to the point where they start pressing and stop cruising...I like our chances.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
Not to mention the psyche of the tigers. If we take 2-3 or sweep we'll be 8-4 or 9-3 and they'll start feeling that they just can't seem to beat the World Champs. If we can get them to the point where they start pressing and stop cruising...I like our chances.

The Sox beat the Tigers the first 5 times they played this season. The Tigers have won 3 of the last 4 head to head meetings. Considering their record, I would have a hard time believing the Tigers will ever feel they "just can't seem to beat" anyone this year. I do think they have to go in the tank for at least a little stretch still, but anything short of a White Sox sweep will put no pressure at all on them. In fact, if the White Sox took 2 out of 3, they would gain 1 game, but knock 3 off the schedule. I think the division is a longshot at best, but the WC has won the WS a lot lately. If somehow the pitching rounds back into form.......................

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:06 AM)
The Sox beat the Tigers the first 5 times they played this season. The Tigers have won 3 of the last 4 head to head meetings. Considering their record, I would have a hard time believing the Tigers will ever feel they "just can't seem to beat" anyone this year. I do think they have to go in the tank for at least a little stretch still, but anything short of a White Sox sweep will put no pressure at all on them. In fact, if the White Sox took 2 out of 3, they would gain 1 game, but knock 3 off the schedule. I think the division is a longshot at best, but the WC has won the WS a lot lately. If somehow the pitching rounds back into form.......................

Who would the wild card team play in the playoffs??

Jose needs to go out there and be the Jose we saw the 2nd half of last season, and the Jose we saw at the start of this season.

Needless to say, tonight's game is absolutely huge, and sets a big tone for this series, especially with Rogers and Miner up for Detroit the next 2 games, and they've REALLY struggled post ASB.

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:23 AM)
Verlander and Count tonight. What are the pitching matchups for Saturday and Sunday?

Buerhle and Rogers tomorrow,

and Garcia and Miner the next day.

Tonight will be a very good game. Even though Verlander has struggled a bit against the Sox, I think he can do. (DET WIN)

Tomorrow will probably be a slugfest. (CHW WIN)

Sunday I don't really know what to predict, both pitchers have been better lately.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
especially with Rogers and Miner up for Detroit the next 2 games, and they've REALLY struggled post ASB.

Miner is putting it back together.

Last three starts:

6.1 IP, 7H, 3ER, 0BB, 3K (against minnesota)

5.2 IP, 4H, 3ER, 3BB, 2K (against tampa bay)

6.0 IP, 4H, 2ER, 2BB, 5K (against minnesota)

Not great, but decent.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
While watching the highlights on ESPN, I noticed that Berman was doing the game.

Anyone who had to watch it on ESPN, did Berman show any blantant biasness a la Division series?

Well, if he were to show any biases wouldn't it be pro-White Sox? The guy is a huge Red Sox fan you'd figure he'd be cheering for them to lose.

I'm Not really sure what to expect this series. As long as the starters keep the Tigers at 3-4 runs or less in 7 innings I like our chances of winning. Should be a fun series to watch. It would be sweet to sweep these guys and get back in the Central Division race. However, I wouldn't be upset with 2 of 3.

:gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2:

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:34 AM)
Miner is putting it back together.

Last three starts:

6.1 IP, 7H, 3ER, 0BB, 3K (against minnesota)

5.2 IP, 4H, 3ER, 3BB, 2K (against tampa bay)

6.0 IP, 4H, 2ER, 2BB, 5K (against minnesota)

Not great, but decent.

To be fair, neither of those teams is much to speak of offensively, but we will see if it holds up or not.

It's time for this team to man up.

You want this division? You want to run around the bases chugging a beer on someone else's field in September? You earn it this weekend.

Go get em Jose. Whatever you've been missing since May, I hope to God you find it.

And here's someone who can help:

detectivescrotessox.jpg

Edited by Balta1701