White Sox Loser

fathom

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Cheer up guys. If the rotation stays as is, Javy will not face the Tigers next week. We will throw everyone but him in the four game set in Detroit. The good news is that we get to play these turds again tomorrow and the Tigers will not sweep the Red Sox in Finway. Sorry, it just ain't gonna happen.

red sox got swept by the pathetic royals...i think detroit is MUCH better than them

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Javy wasn't great tonight, but I'm not putting this loss on him. It was a mistake to send Gooch with Konerko and Dye at the plate, I am really getting sick of Cora screwing us. The fan interference down the left field line didn't help either. Then there was Dye with the error. It's too bad we couldn't get more than two runs off of Hernandez and his 8 ERA. If we dont take the next two this will be a huge dissapointment.

We had this guy on the ropes in the fifth inning....He looked like he was finished and we were ready to take over the game.....At this point Thome gets our seventh hit......and for some reason Cora runs us out of the inning with Konerko coming up....Javy has his normal sixth inning blowup giving up the lead again and we are history!

Dye (hitting and fielding), AJ and Crede were the reason we lost that game. Not one of them hit the ball hard off Hernandez.

The Cora play was bad because Konerko was coming up. Being aggresive against good pitching or with bad hitting match ups is one thing. Running out of an inning with your number 4 coming up, who hit the ball hard off Hernandez is dumb and inexcusable. Cora has one thing to do on his own, stop and send guys at third. Last night he failed miserably. Iguchi not moving the guy over in the first and swinging from his heels and the Cora play are signs of a team that was to cocky last night.

Riske showed why we should've swept. The Royals on the road are not that good. He did a great job although I thought he was over extended and was going to get hit in the 8th. Nice job.

Pods striking out looking at two fastballs was terrible but I expect nothing more from him. He do drive in a run and get a double, why he did not try and steal third........

The Sox also did not make Hernandez get the ball over. I would love to see how many called strikes (sans Pods) to swinging strikes there were.

That was one of the worst games of the year.

Win the next two and I'm fine.

Thanks to Javier Vazquez and Joey Cora for ruining my perfect record on the year. Javier Vazquez remains s***. I'm glad he had that two-game stretch where he didn't look like complete s*** (a trend he's had throughout his entire career), but he's back to being the same guy who s***s his pants once almost every game (another trend throughout his career).

And I'm sick and tired of Joey Cora. He's done plenty to lose his job, and he should. This idiot is on Wendell Kim territory now. You must not have too much upstairs when you consistently fail at your job, and your job consists of telling people to stop or go.

I have a job all lined up for Cora. He can be one of those traffic controllers in Bridgeport after the games. We'd all get home a lot faster. There'd never be a stop sign.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)
Win the next two with Count and Mark on the bump, everything is fine. This seemed more of the "letdown" game that every was dreading.

A game that should have been won no doubt, but I see no reason to think we wont take the next 2 without much of a problem. At least I hope.....

:gosox3:

I agree. It still gravels you though when we play against the last place team and have lost 5 times against them. You question the teams intensity and preparation and approach to these games. I would figure that since we were on a winning streak that the team would be pumped for sure against the Royals and ready to gain some more on the Tigers.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Javy is great...A true stopper. Go back over the past 6 weeks and find out how many WINS we had where Javy followed them up with LOSSES.

I realize the offense was terrible tonight, but Javy wasn't even capable of getting through 6 against these chumps. Pathetic.

He truly is the anti-stopper. We had four great starts in a row from our starting pitching, and he comes along and f***s it all up.

The man makes way too much money for the s*** performance he puts up consistently. He is a thief.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
Ozzie just tipped his hat to Runnynose.

Sad.

Ozzie thinks that Cora did the right thing sending Gooch.

Worse

Javy threw the ball good according to Oz.

Terrible

Well 3ER is not a horrible outing. KC can score some runs, and have been lately. The offense is the true culprit last night. They were swinging for the fence all game. I guess they didnt realize our winning streak came with only 1 HR

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
All roses and cherry blossoms around here I see...

Javier Vazquez, considering his contract, is one of the worst players in baseball. The guy makes money like a top-of-the-rotation starter, but his numbers are what you'd expect out of a mediocre prospect or, say, El Duque.

Joey Cora is probably the worst 3B coach in baseball, at least in top 5. He ends more rallies than any non-player I've ever seen. I truly believe this man deserves to be fired.

These aren't just knee-jerk complaints. These are things that have been complained about all season. They are legitimate concerns.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
Well 3ER is not a horrible outing. KC can score some runs, and have been lately. The offense is the true culprit last night. They were swinging for the fence all game. I guess they didnt realize our winning streak came with only 1 HR

4 runs (3 earned) in 5.1 innings? If that's not terrible, it's right on the border.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)

It might be the one game this season where the team looked like all they had to do was show up, and the game was over. You could see the offense struggling from the 2nd batter on yesterday, and they kept letting Hernandez get easy outs with their weak swings. I also can't agree more with Milkman. Joey Cora is a disaster at 3rd base. When your team has no speed but good hitters, you have to be smarter than what he's shown this year. Maybe if Ozzie flips out and quits, he'll take Cora, Garcia, and Vazquez with him.

Somehow I thought after a 12-2 drubbing there might be a letdown, and there surely was. I can't blame it all on Javy because we were down TWO RUNS, PEOPLE, with 3, 4 innings to go. If we can't make that up, we suck.

I got the overwhelming impression last night that the Sox were sitting back waiting for the game to win itself instead of sticking the dagger in the worst team in the AL while roaring up in Detroit's rearview mirror.

Instead we got a game so dull that I was flipping between it and seven other things, waiting for the big "statement" inning to come, and it never did.

Yeah, Dye dropped an easy fly but I can't dump the loss on him. That fan interference thing BTW cost us. Why the f*** do Sox fans knowingly interfere with a play like that when they know runs are at stake? All for a freakin' baseball that you could buy on the concourse. I hope that guy was tossed.

Anyway, three of four I can live with, so... pressure's on tonight.

And as I've said, I truly believe: as Buehrle goes, so the Sox go. So tonight should be telling, seeing that now he supposedly has his confidence back.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Yeah, Dye dropped an easy fly but I can't dump the loss on him. That fan interference thing BTW cost us. Why the f*** do Sox fans knowingly interfere with a play like that when they know runs are at stake? All for a freakin' baseball that you could buy on the concourse. I hope that guy was tossed.

The fan interference thing didn't cost us at all. If anything, it might have saved us from Cora making another bad decision. Uribe was barely at 2nd base by the time the ball would have hit the side wall. For Hawk to suggest that Uribe could have easily scored and Anderson would have made 3rd is stretching it. It doesn't matter though, as those two runs scored anyways.

And BTW Milkman, you should change your picture from Mr. Perfect to the Brooklyn Brawler, as you've now become a jobber.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)
It might be the one game this season where the team looked like all they had to do was show up, and the game was over. You could see the offense struggling from the 2nd batter on yesterday, and they kept letting Hernandez get easy outs with their weak swings. I also can't agree more with Milkman. Joey Cora is a disaster at 3rd base. When your team has no speed but good hitters, you have to be smarter than what he's shown this year. Maybe if Ozzie flips out and quits, he'll take Cora, Garcia, and Vazquez with him.

It's completely unacceptable. How many times has a White Sox player been thrown out at home this year? The number must be pretty high. I know it happens all the time, because every time we get thrown out, I always think about how rare it is for the White Sox to throw anyone out at home this year. And I've thought about that numerous times.

I am dead serious when I say that Joey Cora should lose his job. You can't screw up that many times and have job security.

The entire crowd went dead silent when Iguchi was sent home. It was actually pretty funny. There was a gigantic roar because of Thome's hit, and it just died instantly when Cora gave the green light. Every last one of the 35,000+ at the stadium last night knew Iguchi was toast long before he was tagged.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
The fan interference thing didn't cost us at all. If anything, it might have saved us from Cora making another bad decision. Uribe was barely at 2nd base by the time the ball would have hit the side wall. For Hawk to suggest that Uribe could have easily scored and Anderson would have made 3rd is stretching it. It doesn't matter though, as those two runs scored anyways.

And BTW Milkman, you should change your picture from Mr. Perfect to the Brooklyn Brawler, as you've now become a jobber.

:lol:

So, that was fan interference down the line? We were standing on the concourse in RF and couldn't tell if it was a fan or if the ball had hit one of the security guys. It's a shame if it was a fan, because I watched over there for a few minutes afterward, and I didn't see anyone kicked out.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
The entire crowd went dead silent when Iguchi was sent home. It was actually pretty funny. There was a gigantic roar because of Thome's hit, and it just died instantly when Cora gave the green light. Every last one of the 35,000+ at the stadium last night knew Iguchi was toast long before he was tagged.

:lol:

I didn't think it was possible, but never before has a 2-2 tie against the Royals heading into the 6th inning seemed more like a big deficit than it did last night. Even jphat seemed pessimistic heading into that inning. Plain and simple, no one is more responsible for the loss last night than Joey Cora. Did he not see that Sanders was playing Thome near the warning track to start? Sanders had a very short distance to run in order to retrieve that ball.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
Javier Vazquez, considering his contract, is one of the worst players in baseball. The guy makes money like a top-of-the-rotation starter, but his numbers are what you'd expect out of a mediocre prospect or, say, El Duque.

Joey Cora is probably the worst 3B coach in baseball, at least in top 5. He ends more rallies than any non-player I've ever seen. I truly believe this man deserves to be fired.

These aren't just knee-jerk complaints. These are things that have been complained about all season. They are legitimate concerns.

Oh yea, they (these complaintes) have definitely been noted. A lot. :)