College Life

Heads22

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
i believe heads, that you are required to regale us with at least one drunken story

I'm not really a drinker. I coulda gone to Iowa City to get drunk this weekend, but I stayed back to watch the Sox. Smart choice. Too bad Row44 and I don't go to the same school, cause we were both ready to.

I'm doing okay so far in my first week. I've been here five days or so.

Mainly, I like the freedom. I can come "home" at 2:30 and not hear a word about it or explain where I was to anybody. I'm also liking my class schedule. Mondays, I'm pretty much in class from ten-to-noon, and I'm done. That's my Friday, too, more or less. Tuesdays and Thursdays suck for me, but even then, it's just three classes -- one of which, my 8 AM one, doesn't even require mandatory attendence (or, that's what I was told -- that I could still get an 'A' just by reading the book).

What sucks so far? Small dorms at McCormick here at Marquette. Pretty much all the dorms are bigger than this place. The food in this specific dorm ain't special, either; the food at the other places (dorms) are much better. And I haven't done laundry yet, although I'll take a guess and say that that'll be a pain in the ass (I'm on floor nine, and the laundromat is in the basement).

The lack of a football team is something I'll have to adjust to, but it's not terrible. I can still hold my allegiance to the Northwestern football team, and switch over once basketball season starts.

Overall, I'm having a good time so far, and I'm looking forward to the year.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
I'm doing okay so far in my first week. I've been here five days or so.

Mainly, I like the freedom. I can come "home" at 2:30 and not hear a word about it or explain where I was to anybody. I'm also liking my class schedule. Mondays, I'm pretty much in class from ten-to-noon, and I'm done. That's my Friday, too, more or less. Tuesdays and Thursdays suck for me, but even then, it's just three classes -- one of which, my 8 AM one, doesn't even require mandatory attendence (or, that's what I was told -- that I could still get an 'A' just by reading the book).

What sucks so far? Small dorms at McCormick here at Marquette. Pretty much all the dorms are bigger than this place. The food in this specific dorm ain't special, either; the food at the other places (dorms) are much better. And I haven't done laundry yet, although I'll take a guess and say that that'll be a pain in the ass (I'm on floor nine, and the laundromat is in the basement).

The lack of a football team is something I'll have to adjust to, but it's not terrible. I can still hold my allegiance to the Northwestern football team, and switch over once basketball season starts.

Overall, I'm having a good time so far, and I'm looking forward to the year.

I'm pretty impressed you survived your first weekend. ;)

i like college a lot, but miss my good friends back home like everybody else. But the weather here in mizzou is nice at night, but sucks during the day. Went to a frat party over the weekend, which was an experience, but since I really don't drink, I have no crazy stories. The mizzou rec center is insane, i go there everyday, sometimes twice. Homework not bad and there are some damn hot girls. And got my football tix for the year today, can't wait for the OK/Missouri game. AP is amazing. So far so good.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
i like college a lot, but miss my good friends back home like everybody else. But the weather here in mizzou is nice at night, but sucks during the day. Went to a frat party over the weekend, which was an experience, but since I really don't drink, I have no crazy stories. The mizzou rec center is insane, i go there everyday, sometimes twice. Homework not bad and there are some damn hot girls. And got my football tix for the year today, can't wait for the OK/Missouri game. AP is amazing. So far so good.

its pretty cool how many home games we have this year isn't it?

My first week of college life was awesome! All I did was go out and party every night, and go to class of course. That's one thing I'm definitely gonna do: go to class. I'm gonna try really hard not to fall into the trap of missing class. Classes have gone really well so far, though. I feel pretty good about all of them. But, anyway, I've just had a lot of fun w/ my roommates and just hanging out being able to do whatever I want.

And, rush week starts today, so we'll see shortly if I'll be joining a frat or not. Oh, and we play Cal this week, so I'm really excited about that game. It should be a blast.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Don't expect to hear from wite he's probably face down in a puddle of puke somewhere in SoDak

I thunked I was gonna puke a little bit on Friday, but it was just a bad swallow of some Natty.

Drove from Bismarck to Vermillion, and met with SD legislators along the way(actually, my dad did, but I tagged along for the hell of it). All in all, a friggin 11 HOUR GDAMN DRIVE.

Got there, got moved in, gave my dad a good-bye hug(that was actually a hell of a lot harder than I thought it would be :wub: ), got settled in, and then went to go drink at 9:30. s***ty part was that the keg was dry by 11 GODDAMN OCLOCK. Drinking is pretty much all there is to do in this town, so they drink what they can and do it as fast as they can. Woke up, did some floor meetings s***, did some frosh meetings s***, did some welcoming activities s***, found out why college kids are so poor(2.50 for a slice of pizza? 5.40 for an 8 inch sammich? W.T.F.). Met some kids on my floor, met some kids in other dorms, caught up with some friends in other dorms, and saw Ty Barnett live(finished 2nd in the Last Comic Standing). Funniest.guy.evar.

Classes start at 9:30 for me tomorrow. Yay

I love the life so far. I moved in last Saturday and my first classes were today. Needless to say, that was a very fun week of partying. Everything is awesome about FSU: the girls (60-40 ratio), the campus, the weather. I went to a soccer game yesterday (I hate soccer) and our girls beat the number one team in the country 2-1. It was awesome and I couldn't believe the crowd there for the game. Tallahassee is an awesome college town and I can't wait for the football season to start. The hype is huge down here.

It also doesn't hurt that I don't have classes until 11:15 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday .

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
I love the life so far. I moved in last Saturday and my first classes were today. Needless to say, that was a very fun week of partying. Everything is awesome about FSU: the girls (60-40 ratio), the campus, the weather. I went to a soccer game yesterday (I hate soccer) and our girls beat the number one team in the country 2-1. It was awesome and I couldn't believe the crowd there for the game. Tallahassee is an awesome college town and I can't wait for the football season to start. The hype is huge down here.

It also doesn't hurt that I don't have classes until 11:15 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday .

What dorm are you in? And how horrible is it? :P

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
What dorm are you in? And how horrible is it? :P

Haha, I'm in Deviney so it's one of the s***iest ones on campus, but to tell you the truth...I love it. Everyone here gets along a lot more because they don't really care that they're in a crappy dorm.

I officially miss school. Had I not graduated I would have started last week. Instead I start the real world two weeks from today and with that my existence as a member of Soxtalk will be greatly reduced and if it doesn't it probably means I'm gonna get fired relatively quickly :lol: