Sox Lose Series to KC 9/3/06

Texsox

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
I really love watching the kid pitch, but man, he just hasn't had any luck the last few games, and he hasn't been able to bail himself out either. That slow roller to Uribe that no one could get? That was just painful to watch on a very good pitch.

McCarthy has a tough time succeeding when he's put in the game with runners on base which makes sense seeing how he's been a starter his entire career and you're not often put in that position when starting a ballgame.

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Looking forward to PFB getting pwned by another doctor today...

"Freddy was left in the 8th in order to get some more confidence. He's going through a tough stretch right now, and he's going to need that confidence for the rest of the season".

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
When we won last year, Ozzie got credit, but so did the players and KW.

If we don't win this year, Ozzie can't be the only one blamed. Blame has to be spread around, imo.

Of course. Well, I still can't put any legitimate blame on Kenny. How many times over the years have we as Sox fans gotten on Jerry or whoever was our GM of the time for not spending any money? Well, they added 20+ million to the payroll. Our farm system was raped with the idea of winning a second straight title. I feel they've done their part. Ozzie, the coaching staff and the players are to blame for what's looking like a disaster of a season.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
I think this team is going to be really lucky to pull this out this year. I listened to the KC announcer over XM and they make mention of lack of fire and tired looking pitchers on the part of the Sox.

We do look gassed on the field. There's a reason that guys like Pablo and Gload look like they have twice the energy the rest of the guys do. Don't worry though, Ozzieball never slumps.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
"Freddy was left in the 8th in order to get some more confidence. He's going through a tough stretch right now, and he's going to need that confidence for the rest of the season".

Somebody should tell PFB that the tough stretch has been going since October 26, 2005.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
All of which make him a very valuable trade piece, btw. If Logan can come up behind him and do a decent job...Cotts can turn into something very useful next year.

thats what im saying, deal Jose + Uribe + Cotts + Gload, to Baltimore, now some here are going to say "beautox your crazy", but the truth is Baltimore doesn't have an "ace" or anyone who can remotely dominate, Chris Benson i think not, they need a 1B, and i come from the school of thought that Gload can put up Mark Grace like numbers 300+ avg 15-20 HRs, Uribe for because they're going to need a SS, and Cotts because of his age, past sucsess, salary, and the fact he is left handed, remember we got David Riske for MILB free agentl Javy Lopez, that speaks highly of how much LOOGYS are in demand, and we also go Rob Mackowiak for Damaso Marte.

we get Tejada and Daniel Cabera

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)

That makes total sense, hats off to Ozzie for hooking his boy Freddy up with some confidence today, we're going to need him WHEN WE'RE BACK IN THE WORLD SERIES! YEAH JUMP ON THE MOTHER f***ING TRAIN!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Of course. Well, I still can't put any legitimate blame on Kenny. How many times over the years have we as Sox fans gotten on Jerry or whoever was our GM of the time for not spending any money? Well, they added 20+ million to the payroll. Our farm system was raped with the idea of winning a second straight title. I feel they've done their part. Ozzie, the coaching staff and the players are to blame for what's looking like a disaster of a season.

This isn't a disaster of a season. A disaster would have been a 70-92 season, and drawing nothing during the 2nd half of the year. At least with being competitive this whole season, our attendance is great and should equate to a high payroll next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
This isn't a disaster of a season. A disaster would have been a 70-92 season, and drawing nothing during the 2nd half of the year. At least with being competitive this whole season, our attendance is great and should equate to a high payroll next year.

If we don't get into the playoffs, this year is a disaster. Period.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
We do look gassed on the field. There's a reason that guys like Pablo and Gload look like they have twice the energy the rest of the guys do. Don't worry though, Ozzieball never slumps.

So...you're advocating Ozzie giving even more rest to his starters?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)

If we raped our farm system and got very little to show for it, then that's bad managment. That Javier Vazquez sucks balls isn't Ozzie's fault. That Vazquez is on the team isn't Ozzie's fault, either.

Screw the bad managing. We're an average team at best.

Two halfway reliable starters. OK pretty reliable starters.

Average to bad bullpen.

Good closer.

No team speed.

Bad season from a key player (Pods, Uribe)

We are what we are. Not very good right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
All of which make him a very valuable trade piece, btw. If Logan can come up behind him and do a decent job...Cotts can turn into something very useful next year.

Ok, you just convinced me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)

I think not getting into the playoffs is a disaster. It won't get any easier next year, not for this group of players anyway.

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
thats what im saying, deal Jose + Uribe + Cotts + Gload, to Baltimore, now some here are going to say "beautox your crazy", but the truth is Baltimore doesn't have an "ace" or anyone who can remotely dominate, Chris Benson i think not, they need a 1B, and i come from the school of thought that Gload can put up Mark Grace like numbers 300+ avg 15-20 HRs, Uribe for because they're going to need a SS, and Cotts because of his age, past sucsess, salary, and the fact he is left handed, remember we got David Riske for MILB free agentl Javy Lopez, that speaks highly of how much LOOGYS are in demand, and we also go Rob Mackowiak for Damaso Marte.

we get Tejada and Daniel Cabera

Awesome! We could really use another average defender and underachieving kid with dominant stuff. :bang

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
If we raped our farm system and got very little to show for it, then that's bad managment. That Javier Vazquez sucks balls isn't Ozzie's fault. That Vazquez is on the team isn't Ozzie's fault, either.

I'm sure Ozzie had NOTHING to do with Vazquez getting added only days after the two golfed together.

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Awesome! We could really use another average defender and underachieving kid with dominant stuff. :bang

Tejada is on another planet compared to Uribe.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
I think not getting into the playoffs is a disaster. It won't get any easier next year, not for this group of players anyway.

It's extremely disappointing, but it's not a full-fledged disaster where the organization is doomed for 10 years. A disaster would have been if the 2005 Sox ended up choking away their playoff spot after having a 15 game lead in August.