brian anderson

beleiveinbrian44

If he hits .267 or so from here on out, given about 75 ABs, you're gonna win the bet.

He hit .313 in July, .296 in August, and has hit .294 in the second half so far. I'd say it's pretty safe that you're going to win that bet.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
What day did he even get over .190 or .200?

He hit the .190 mark on July 9th, going 2 for 4 against Boston(went from .185 --> .192). One week after that, on July 16th, he hit the .200 mark going 1 for 1 in a loss in Yankee Stadium(.196 --> .200). He got over the .200 mark in the next game with a 1 for 4 performance against Detroit(.200-.201)

you're welcome

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 12:03 AM)
Man, he should give you a shift key when Brain cracks .240

I was thinking a period key, but hey, same gist :P (although, I suppose there is one there, since there are a few .'s, ignore me)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
I think that he will get to .240 but i'll even go crazier and say that he will manage to get his BA up to .250.

I said the same thing about a 1 1/2-2 months ago. Probably not gonna happen.

Assuming he gets the same 75 more ABs, he's gonna have to hit .320 the rest of the way. I like BA as much as anyone, but that's just improbable.

I hope he does it though. We could use some of those hits.

He would not be the first HoFer to struggle his rookie season. I see a Crede like beginning of his career. Perhaps a BA around .275 next season and hovering around .300 after that. With a little luck, he should see a few All-Star games and who knows from there.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:25 AM)
He would not be the first HoFer to struggle his rookie season. I see a Crede like beginning of his career. Perhaps a BA around .275 next season and hovering around .300 after that. With a little luck, he should see a few All-Star games and who knows from there.

Thats not really a Crede-like beginning, its more of a Ventura-like start.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:45 AM)
Thats not really a Crede-like beginning, its more of a Ventura-like start.

Actually I was changing my mind as I was writing. At first I was thinking 3-4 seasons before cracking .300, but his last couple months have been stout.

QUOTE(T R U @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 08:16 AM)
Just my personal opinion that he doesnt get to .240

But saying "there's no chance" means that you feel somewhat strongly that you are right on the matter. I'm curious how you came to that opinion.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 08:29 AM)
But saying "there's no chance" means that you feel somewhat strongly that you are right on the matter. I'm curious how you came to that opinion.

Because despite his strong stretch I just dont think that he is going to be able to get to .240 or above.. hes 1 for 10 in september and I just dont think that hes gonna get there.. maybe theres no chance wasnt the best of words to use, I just dont think its gonna happen.

I would be shocked and happy to see him hit .240. That would mean a great improvement.

I rag on Anderson a lot, not because I don't think he's a great talent. I certainly think he is. But this is a team built to make a run at consecutive championships and the gamble that he could carry his weight in the lineup was a total bust. In the early stages it looked like his AB's would be negated by the sluggers in the lineup, but May is long gone and when we've needed someone who's a legitimate threat to get on base, move runners along and just have quality at bats, Brian hasn't done his job.

People b**** that ozzie should play him more when I'm surprised he's received as much playing time as he has. A move at the deadline to bring in a replacement was sorely needed, IMO.

QUOTE(SABR Sox @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
All I keep pondering is why we traded for Vazquez. Instead of Anderson as our future CF we could have been looking toward Chris Young to fill that hole.

KW has a mancrush on BA, and with good reason :P