Mr. Showtime

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
AJ eliciting audible laughter from me as he motions that he will give the ball to a Boston fan, but decides to keep it instead.

Owned.

That is what I saw too. You know he heard a "You suck AJ!" or something like that.

Ah, well. Settling in for 9 more innings. Lets play two.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:09 AM)
Ozzie really thinking ahead about what his OF defense is going to look like...

BA coulda grounded out to the pitcher and not fistf***ed our defense...

His decisions continue to amaze me. He can't quit soon enough.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
I love AJ not giving the ball to all the fans right next to him, after he looked at them all. nice.

at least on bosox feed

are you actually serious? If any other catcher did that you would be up in arms. It was a classless act and he should know better

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
They will likely move Sweeney to the outfield. Even though he came in for Thome, he can still mvoe to the OF and remain in the same position. My guess is Gload will become the DH.

That would be a negatory ghostrider and the pattern is full.

Sweeney is your DH. He cannot play the field.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
They will likely move Sweeney to the outfield. Even though he came in for Thome, he can still mvoe to the OF and remain in the same position. My guess is Gload will become the DH.

If you put your DH in the field the pitcher has to hit.

can't do that. and THIS is another f***ing stupid move by ozzie. why the f*** did he pinch run for thome? this f***er has got to go seriously

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
As if Sweet Home Chicago is any better. That was a classless move, and I love AJ.

Yep, AJ is the first baseball player to ever fake like he's going to give the ball to the crowd, and then stick it in his glove. Since he did it to a Red Sox fan, I anticipate this becoming a huge deal on ESPN.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
That would be a negatory ghostrider and the pattern is full.

Sweeney is your DH. He cannot play the field.

He can, but then the pitcher would come into bat. Yankees do it all the time. I actually wouldn't mind that.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
As if Sweet Home Chicago is any better. That was a classless move, and I love AJ.

How so? The same people asking for the ball are the same people who have been telling him that he sucks all game, and giving him the 'f*** you's'.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)

We dont play it during the 7th inning stretch.

If you want to find people to agree with you on and to share your outrage I would say this is not the board.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, AJ is the first baseball player to ever fake like he's going to give the ball to the crowd, and then stick it in his glove. Since he did it to a Red Sox fan, I anticipate this becoming a huge deal on ESPN.

It was just unnecessary. I don't really care, but he's certainly not bettering his reputation.