Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 06:58 AM)
LOL! I see SI calling it the "greatest choke job in NFL history"! Teaches me!

Shocking and histarical was what it was for me. I'm not a Bears fan and I'm sitting at the Buffalo Wild Wings here in Carbondale with a ton of Bears fans. Anyways, when everything is going down people are running around that damn place cheering and going nuts, I just sat at my table laughing and shaking my head. It was just ridiculous.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
The game was boring, nothing exciting happened.

That was probably one of the most exicting games I have ever seen. Talk about sour grapes.

Also, once again the Bears weakness is exposed. Short quick passes and bubble screens will continue to hurt this defense. We wont give up the big play, but we will give up many small plays. Also Nathan Vasher is too small to cover a large receiver like Boldin, we need to keep Tillman on those types of guys.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
I think it's borderline, Green screwed up because he didn't really include any memorable lines in the tirade like "PLAYOFFS!?!?" or "You play to win the game." but you just know that this press conference will have some excellent staying power.

I think "crown their ass" is a good enough line to put it in the hall of fame.

A friend of mine and I were talking right before the AZCards punted and he says, "I don't want them to give this ball back to the offense." And I said, "We won't have to."

BOOM! Goes the Dynamite...Devin Hester runs it back.

My friend turns to me and says, I can't believe you just called that. And I said, "Team of destiny, my man, team of destiny."

Ok, I didn't really say that, I jumped around like a little girl, missed high fives with other Bear fans in the bar because we were so excited and yelled, "I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! DAAAAAAAAA BEARSSSS!!!"

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
Green replaced his offensive coordinator with the QB's coach. Play calling got way to conservative last night and I don't think Green had any choice but to make this move.

Yeah, that's a loss where someone has to pay, even if it's just symbolic for the fans

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 07:22 AM)
That was probably one of the most exicting games I have ever seen. Talk about sour grapes.

Also, once again the Bears weakness is exposed. Short quick passes and bubble screens will continue to hurt this defense. We wont give up the big play, but we will give up many small plays. Also Nathan Vasher is too small to cover a large receiver like Boldin, we need to keep Tillman on those types of guys.

Tillman is one of the worst CBs I have ever seen. He is HORRIBLE. Vasher at least can get INTs. Tillman belongs on the practice squad.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
Tillman is one of the worst CBs I have ever seen. He is HORRIBLE. Vasher at least can get INTs. Tillman belongs on the practice squad.

He would start at every position for the lowly lions.

Vasher is a midget and cannot tackle larger WR's that is a fact. Rick Manning is better at covering than Tillman but he went out hurt.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
He is actually a better CB than most people seem to give him credit for. The only times where its just brutal is when he is put on a super speedy WR like Steve Smith.

Or a strong receiver like Anquan Boldin....

But to be fair, the Cover 2 defense is pretty much made to contain, not stop, the pass.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Or a strong receiver like Anquan Boldin....

But to be fair, the Cover 2 defense is pretty much made to contain, not stop, the pass.

I dont blame him on Boldin, the gameplan was the problem. For some reason Boldin had no coverage on him for all the short passes. And that probably had a lot more with Ron Rivera than Tillman.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
And that's really the only reason some people still think he's good.

He's certainly not as bad as this guy seems to think he is. He's more than good enough, especially since Vasher is better so he's pretty much the 2nd CB.

And this guy has lost all credibility with me because he doesn't like Cryme Tyme.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)

The Tillman hate really makes me think that a lot of Bears fans have some sort of grudge. The reason Vasher is thrown at a lot is because Tillman is *gasp* actually a plus cover corner. A better one that Vasher, that's for sure. The reason this D has been so good this year is people are now afraid to throw at both of those guys (plus Manning is a good nickel).

If you want blame for the Carolina game, blame Ron Rivera and Mike Brown. His refusal to stop putting Tillman on Smith caused a lot of those problems, plus Mike Brown's abominable play turned some 20 yard passes into 60 yard TD's since he decided to ignore the 2 deep coverage set on those plays. Tillman did indeed get way too much hype for the Randy Moss game in '03, but he's the best corner on the team, and Nathan Vasher should thank him daily, because those 9 picks he had last year were because people didn't throw at Peanut a lot.

Umm besides this last game where Vasher has looked bad, I dont know where you come up with the conclusion that the ball is thrown more to him than Tillman. The Cards was so bad so idonno what the split was between the 2 but the entire season QB's have been throwing to the guy Tillman has been covering. Because Tillman usually gives them a little room for the short pass but tackles them right away for a small gain.

Only prob with the Cards is that Boldin was abusing us