Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
Umm besides this last game where Vasher has looked bad, I dont know where you come up with the conclusion that the ball is thrown more to him than Tillman. The Cards was so bad so idonno what the split was between the 2 but the entire season QB's have been throwing to the guy Tillman has been covering. Because Tillman usually gives them a little room for the short pass but tackles them right away for a small gain.

Only prob with the Cards is that Boldin was abusing us

Boldin and other larger WR's will post up Vasher, that is where Peanut is better for us. He is a larger presence and can lock down the bigger guys. Vasher should stay on the speed guys as much as possible, actually he should sit back in the zone because thats where he gets his picks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Boldin and other larger WR's will post up Vasher, that is where Peanut is better for us. He is a larger presence and can lock down the bigger guys. Vasher should stay on the speed guys as much as possible, actually he should sit back in the zone because thats where he gets his picks.

Lol I dont know how that is a response to my post at all but yeah I completely agree. Tillman needs to be matched up against the bigger WR's and Vasher against the speed ones. Also Id wish we wouldnt always give up the small passes, it allows teams that can adjust just to march down the field on us....

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 02:52 AM)
He will be back, but im guessing one more season ending injury and he will probably retire. The good thing about him unlike Wood and Prior is he actually produces when he is healthy.

Prior went 18-6 the only time we ever actually saw him healthy, point taken on Wood though.

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 04:15 AM)
I'd love to see what Don Cooper could do with Prior.

Think they'd take Vazquez for him?

KW wouldn't take Prior for Vazquez...atleast I hope he wouldn't. The gamble for greatness is the same in both pitchers, so why bring in the one who has been hurt like every year since his 2nd year in the league?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
KW wouldn't take Prior for Vazquez...atleast I hope he wouldn't. The gamble for greatness is the same in both pitchers, so why bring in the one who has been hurt like every year since his 2nd year in the league?

I would take prior over Vaz.

Anyone else watching the Minny/Seattle game? Childress just got lauded for his decision to challenge the non-catch by Jeremy Stevens. I mean, these announcers were absolutely praising the guy. I don't know why, really. Rather than a fourth-and-one, it gave Seattle a fourth-and-four. Either way, Seattle was going to kick the field goal. And now Childress has just one challenge the rest of the way.

He made a similar decision against the Bears. IMO he's made some really poor choices with that red flag.

So Cowher apparently did retire after last year. Fun stuff watching his team give away game after game. Steelers 2-4 now, and my favorite part was Cowher laughing and joking with Vick after Vick runs for 20 yards to seal the game and set up the game winning field goal. Awesome stuff.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Uh oh, things not looking good for Matt Hasselbeck. His knee is hurt bad from what I saw.

Looks similar to the Carson Palmer incident.

Seattle is in freefall right now. They're about to lose again.

Same goes for Philly. What is going on with those guys?! They lost again today also.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
I was wondering what Philly's issue was. They looked like worldbeaters last week and now they look like yesterdays garbage. Who'd they lose?

Well, they may have looked like worldbeaters last week but they still lost to New Orleans last week.

Philly's injury list includes Stallworth, Jevan Kearse, and IIRC a couple other places, including their secondary, are pretty banged up.