Official NFL Thread

Whoops...

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Shawne Merriman has been notified that he will be suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's steroid policy.

According to the report, the test is "definitely for steroids … not one of those supplement deals." The NFL has somehow managed to avoid a full-blown steroids controversy despite many infractions. That will change now that one of the league's brightest young stars tested positive. With OLB Shaun Phillips also out 4-6 weeks, San Diego's linebacker group is in rough shape. Oct. 22 - 10:30 pm et

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
Just last week all the talk shows on SIRIUS NFL Radio were talking about the Chargers as though they were world beaters and look at them now.

They're f***ED.

Their whole defensive front is now either hurt or suspended it seems.

I bet Aaron Brooks is swearing silently right now. Those steroids helped end his career.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
When are they going to catch Thomas Jones?

No, that blurb is wrong, the attention won't change, Congress is the first in line thinking that the only benefit of steroids is being able to hit dingers

simp7.jpg

Congress focused on baseball more first because Baseball took longer even to create some windodw dressing, and because Baseball's records are far more famous than most of those in football. When all these linemen start hitting their late 30's and turning up dead, it might catch a few more eyes.

Steroid use is so much more rampant in the NFL than MLB, but the NFL is holier than thou, who cares. Good point though Balta, when lineman are dying at age 40, people will wake up. Merriman on the juice is about as shocking as hearing Lance Bass was gay earlier this year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
Peyton Manning suddenly has a running game again.

They would have all year if they'd have just handed Addai the keys.

Oh, and Matt Bryant has a leg of steel. Chuck Norris esque.

Would i be totally off base by saying i dont think steroids are very dangerous anymore?I wouldnt take them because i think having a muscular body is overated ,but medical technology has grown and im sure scientists have put alot of work and studies into making these steroids safe.I dont think your gonna see all these athletes dropping like flies as many are assuming.

Edited by shipps