Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 30, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
All I know is Rex has yet to win a game for this team

Who says he has to?

Milkman said Grossman sucks. I don't think reasonable Bears fans were ever saying that Rex Grossman was on Peyton Manning's level. He's an uber-aggressive QB who sometimes believes he can make impossible throws. For the most part this season, it's worked out.

And I'm sorry, but Griese would not have made some of the throws Grossman has completed this season.

Also, I really can't call Grossman's game against Minny a failure. He made a couple of bad throws, most notably his one where the Bears were backed up against their own goal-line, but he also hit Davis in the perfect spot on his TD pass. The Football Outsiders currently have Minnesota as the third best defense in football, behind Batimore and Chicago, so it's not like we're talking about some hole-filled defense. Plus you add in the fact that the game was at Minny, and I'm not sure you can characterize that game as 'bad' for Rex. Mind you, I won't be adding that game to the pile of Rex's gems, but I can't see Griese or any other average, run-of-the-mill QB doing a whole lot better in those circumstances.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
So yeah, if you haven't figured it out yet, Roethlisberger isn't a good QB.

Pretty awesome feat about to happen this year. From Super Bowl to 1st pick in the draft. Atleast Brady Quinn will be available. That or see how much Jacksonville wants for Leftwich.

No chance bro, the Miami Dolphins are the worst team in football.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
No chance bro, the Miami Dolphins are the worst team in football.

Amazing how things can change in one week. I would have said The Oakland Raiders still easily, but now.. I might have to agree. Don't know if T R U would agree though.. :lol:

Birdman with the forced fumble and fumble recovery in the 4th, turning a 14-13 defecit into a 21-14 lead. NIU Pride, wewt!!!

Oh, and if you think the Bears can win a Super Bowl without having to win against a good team because of Rex.....your kidding yourself. Can he do it?? He could, but I'm not sure yet.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
So, is anyone else of the opinion that Big Ben rushed himself back from a series of injuries long before he was ready physically or mentally?

I'm of the opinion he was never any good, and he no longer has a great running game and dominant defense to hide his issues.

Yes Balta I believe that to be the case, and I also agree with 101 that Ben has looked better than he is because of the talent and scheme surrounding him. I don't think this crappy performance is the real Ben though, as I think he needs some time off to clear his head and let Batch get a few starts.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
Im pretty sure if you put Kyle Orton as the QB we arent undefeated this season...

It's not even a pretty sure. In fact it's nearly a guarantee. If Orton and Griese were back there we would not be undefeated. Rex when healthy, is a very good QB. Excellent vision, reads the plays well, puts the ball in spots where not too many QB's would think about doing, etc... The only knock I have about Grossman is if he's gonna be another Hasselback/Delhomme in terms of being an absoulute stud at home and being just average on the road. He has to step it up on the road especially after the Miami game going into 3 tough games on the road.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
Yes Balta I believe that to be the case, and I also agree with 101 that Ben has looked better than he is because of the talent and scheme surrounding him. I don't think this crappy performance is the real Ben though, as I think he needs some time off to clear his head and let Batch get a few starts.

I still think Ben is and will be a good qb.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
This is my luck in fantasy football. My players and the guy I'm playing players are all done, right. I ended up with 125 with would be more than enough points to win any week, except when my opponent ends up with 144!!! @$^%^!@

He Tomlinson and a career game from Colston. I had Reggie Wayne with a big game.

And now in my other league, I lose on that last meaningless Marion Barber TD when the guy had him in because Kevin Jones and Ronnie Brown were on a bye week. Unreal.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
I still think Ben is and will be a good qb.

You also think Stevenson has a shot at the 8A state title, so there ya go.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 30, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
Your 4-3 is 6-2 if Romo were starting all year......but at least he is now.

I fail to see where you got the extra game from. :P

But yes, I think 10 wins is certainly achieveable for us. We have to win in Washington though next week though, and then we've got the majority of our final games at home, so this is a real important stretch for us now.

And good to see the offensive line (Adams and Colombo) actually did a pretty decent job tonight. Of course it looks much better when Romo can actually step up and evade the rush, unlike Frankenstein who'll just stand there and take the sack or throw an interception.

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
There goes the undefeated season, looks like.

Hope Grossman takes off the petticoat vs NYG and NE.

Its impossible to play over 6 turnovers, Rex played like s***, but the d line didnt get much pressure and the fumbles killed us.