Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
is there an easier dp in the league than thome-konerko?

its got to be the easiest since the glory days of mo vaugh - piazza

Except Mo Vaughn was never on base while in a Mets uniform so we rarely had the pleasure of seeing such a double play.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)
This could be like the absolute worse case scenario tonight. It looked like we could close to within 2 games of Detroit and 1/2 of Minnesota, now we may be 4 games out of Detroit and 2 1/2 out of Minnesota.

With Johan going once every 5 days, we can't afford to fall more than 3 games behind the Twins. We never catch them in the standings late in the year.

if you guys are wrong and we somehow win this game will you please STFU forever

I'm sick of everyone rushing to the front to proclaim "the end is near!" EVERY SINGLE f***ING GAME

The problem is that with every one of these ugly losses, we get closer to "the end".

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)

I'm sick of everyone rushing to the front to proclaim "the end is near!" EVERY SINGLE f***ING GAME

Thanks for the lecture kid. Do you feel better now.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:05 AM)

Who has said the end is near? Only jimbo so far, if my memory is correct.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
I think tonight will really be the game the flame went out. Somehow, I think I still believe...but if we are 2.5 out before Oakland, and with Liriano returning tomorrow, if my life depended on it, Id vote against the sox.

just curious, what's all this talk about Liriano returning being such a big thing? He's a rookie pitcher who started off really good and is coming off the dl. I could see if the guy was proven, but he's a rookie with a rather serious mechanical flaw imo. there is no guarantee the kid is going to pitch like he did, and even if so, there are three other days (minus Santana) the twins have to play in a rotation. Plus, they have 10 straight games on the road I believe, where they haven't faired nearly as well in comparison to the Metrodome.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)

I think most of us agree that 1) we can win this game, and 2) If we do, we're still very much in it.

But the reality is that this sox team put themselves in a position where they need to win crucial games on a west coast road trip after playing like crap basically since the all-star game. 2.5 out against Minnesota (who shows no sign of slowing down) and 4 out against detroit is a pretty tall order over 17 games.