Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:26 AM)
Well Excussssssssssee Jim Thome for helping this team BEFORE the f***ing 9th inning so we aren't in these situations.

Just when I thought you were getting better. Back on ignore you go.

Good grief...I was just saying it would be nice to see him deliver in a situation where his power can end the game on one swing.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:27 AM)
What happened this game. I haven't been able to watch.

Pods literally stopped running on a steal attempt to 3rd base, and ended up getting thrown out. Then, in the 9th, AJP hit a double over Vlad's head, and he didn't hustle to first, and didn't get into 2nd with a double. Thus, they pitched to Crede instead of having to walk him.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
Rob i expected he cant handle pressure thats his problem.....Crede on the other hand, that was where the clutch moment had to be..just a pop up for gods sake

low and away to a right handed whitesox hitter. Its like kryptonite.

Crede had some nice approaches against that tonight. But not that time.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
...or a loss.

It wouldn't take too long a losing streak to basically end the White Sox season. There haven't been many games lately where they shouldn't have won., or at least if they really wanted it, could have won. It really is a shame how many games this team has pissed away this season. Its been a collective failure. They have a good record, but the last 70 games or so, have been a below average team. No one wins races limping to the finish.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:29 AM)
I said it earlier. That is the worst swing I have ever seen from Crede. By far.

Hawk talks about how guys should feel like they're at an advantage over a pitcher, and not the other way around in that situation. Crede didn't seem too confident in that AB, and you could tell from the very first fastball he took down the plate.