Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our offense coming into this game is ranked 12th with 272 runs scored. We had over 500 in the first half. The Florida Marlins of 14 million have scored 280 runs.

12 more runs and the hitting retarded Cubs will overtake us in scoring runs. With the way our O has been hitting. It might happen.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Hey, Dick, I got the impression you were watching the game WHEN THIS HAPPENED. That means you're still thinking about this, 2 hours later. Watching Podsednik play baseball can do that to a person.

He drives my crazy. I watched the replay on my Tivo over and over with my mouth wide open. I cannot understand how mediocre at best players don't have their heads in the game and can't give maximum effort.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
I watched Ross Gload drop 2 routine flyballs the same week in 2004. He is a bad OF. But so is Pods. Get the guy in there who at least may get on base.

Those were his 20th or so games started in the outfield (in his career, not that season). He's not that laughable bad anymore.

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:03 AM)
For some reason I remember that game alot. I remember the announcers talking about how it was dangerous from them to be out of the field with how much water was around.

No, that was the next day's game. The game he was terrible in RF was Loaiza against Zambrano. Gload hit a slam in the 1st inning, but it was overturned. The Cubs swept us that series.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
No, that was the next day's game. The game he was terrible in RF was Loaiza against Zambrano. Gload hit a slam in the 1st inning, but it was overturned. The Cubs swept us that series.

No, the game he stunk was at the Cell. The winds were nuts that day and he had no chance basically all day.